Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines In Flight Entertainment Fees for Economy

Hawaiian Airlines In Flight Entertainment Fees for Economy

Old Jul 9, 17, 10:19 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 163
Hawaiian Airlines In Flight Entertainment Fees for Economy

Does anyone know the costs to purchase TV or movies on it? The website doesn't say. I'm between flying Hawaiian or Delta. Hawaiian gives the free meal but you have to pay for entertainment whereas Delta I believe has free entertainment but not a free meal. The HA flight gets in a little earlier though which I like. Thanks
JustineG is offline  
Old Jul 10, 17, 7:41 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
Posts: 444
The movies are $8 each, the TV package with all the shows is $8 as well. If you're in an Extra Comfort seat you get the TV package free. In First Class everything is free.
Kumulani is offline  
Old Jul 10, 17, 8:09 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 163
Thank you
JustineG is offline  
Old Sep 6, 17, 8:33 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
The movies are $8 each, the TV package with all the shows is $8 as well. If you're in an Extra Comfort seat you get the TV package free. In First Class everything is free.
Is this ALL movies for $8 or will there be some movies available for free? First time flying HA so not sure....
sperkins921 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 17, 3:46 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
Posts: 444
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Is this ALL movies for $8 or will there be some movies available for free? First time flying HA so not sure....
There are no free movies in coach. They are all $8, other than the ones included in the Keiki Pack.
Kumulani is offline  
Old Sep 7, 17, 5:23 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Suburbia :rolleyes:
Programs: UA, HA, CO
Posts: 972
The only free entertainment in coach is ~12 channels of audio music (~1hr of content per channel played on a loop) and a couple episodes of HawaiianSkies (inflight video magazine)

Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
There are no free movies in coach. They are all $8, other than the ones included in the Keiki Pack.
As well as the TV Package. IIRC there are a few older movies in the TV package too.
asu-ua772 is offline  
Old Sep 8, 17, 7:21 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: HNL
Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
Posts: 444
Originally Posted by asu-ua772 View Post
As well as the TV Package. IIRC there are a few older movies in the TV package too.
You're right, I forgot about that. The "& more" part of the TV package includes some movies, though don't expect to find the latest releases there.

IFE is an area where HA is really behind the competition. Most airlines have better selections of free content than HA does paid content.
Kumulani is offline  
Old Sep 8, 17, 12:51 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: HNL
Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,943
Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
Most airlines have better selections of free content than HA does paid content.
Agreed, Everything is free on United in coach, granted you need to use your own tablet or phone (or rent one) - but its a huge selection. I can't speak for the other airlines but I suspect they are similar.
HNLbasedFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 15, 17, 10:03 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 9,942
Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
You're right, I forgot about that. The "& more" part of the TV package includes some movies, though don't expect to find the latest releases there.

IFE is an area where HA is really behind the competition. Most airlines have better selections of free content than HA does paid content.
Well, I suppose it is a tradeoff between free movies vs. free food.
formeraa is offline  
Old Sep 16, 17, 7:03 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Suburbia :rolleyes:
Programs: UA, HA, CO
Posts: 972
Originally Posted by Kumulani View Post
IFE is an area where HA is really behind the competition. Most airlines have better selections of free content than HA does paid content.
Agreed. I'll be curious what the streaming IFE selection will be for the A321s but I won't hold my breath for improvements.
asu-ua772 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread