Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flying HA in Y - will HA accept AA F interline baggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat

LAX-HNL with AA (F); and HNL-KOA with HA (Y). Two separate PRN and we have a 90 minutes layover.

I know AA can interline the luggage to HA so when I check in at LAX, AA can tag the bag to KOA. So here is the question - I'm flying F with AA (so no luggage fee) but Y with HA ($25 per bag) so how does this work? Will HA accept the bag from AA with priority tag and no questions asked?

I'm flying with wife and son next month for vacation. We've been to Hawaii many times so nothing is new to us per se, but this is first time we are connecting from a non-HA mainland fight to a HA interisland flight.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
AA can interline to Hawaiian but won't on separate tickets (AA won't even check through on separate tickets AA to AA).
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Shoot... It's been so long since I checked any luggage with AA I totally forgot they changed the rules a few year back.

I guess I got to schlepp down the arrival at HNL to get my luggage. Or stick with my original plan to do carryon...
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
HA baggage fee for Hawaiian Miles members are (neighbor island flights):
first bag: $15 vs $25
second bag: $20 vs $35
third bag: $50
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bzcat
Shoot... It's been so long since I checked any luggage with AA I totally forgot they changed the rules a few year back.

I guess I got to schlepp down the arrival at HNL to get my luggage. Or stick with my original plan to do carryon...
If you do check, you should still ask at check-in with AA and you might get lucky. I wouldn't plan on it, but there's always a chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.