Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Inter-Island First Class (KOA-HNL on HA; What is Included in Service?)

Old May 8, 17, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue

Hello I will be travelling from KOA to HNL with HA in First class

I was wondering what the service on board is on a midday flight.. I know it is only about 47min schedule... and I know in Y you get a juice... what is offered in F?

Many thanks

SB

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 8, 17 at 5:36 pm Reason: added details to thread title
Old May 8, 17, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
A bigger juice And perhaps a bit of a snack. I forgot. The flights are so short they really can't serve you much.
Old May 8, 17, 11:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
IIRC, besides the juice or water, there's a limited selection of beer and wine and a small snack (e.g. a Biscoff or two).
Old May 8, 17, 11:39 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Bonbon Plat, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
They also have a pretty good premixed mai tai.
Old May 8, 17, 11:52 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Other than the actual seat on the short flight, there are some pre-flight benefits to consider, such as waived baggage fees, lounge access, and priority security and boarding. I've never found enough value to justify the cost, but YMMV... http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...lass-amenities
Old May 8, 17, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
I second the good mai tai with Koloa Rum.
Old May 8, 17, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Raven_FL View Post
I second the good mai tai with Koloa Rum.
Is this the same one served in E on the mainland flights? If so, I have the opposite reaction to yours

On topic though, I also don't see much value in interisland F. Premier security pales in comparison to precheck, and the flights are way to short for any service to make a difference. Snagging seats further forward in E work out just as well.
Old May 8, 17, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Also agree on not seeing any particular value to interisland first as far as the product itself goes. I'm fairly particular about getting extra space on longer flights, but for interisland it just really doesn't matter much. The coach seats are definitely packed in, but they're reasonably comfortable for an hour or so absent really bad luck in seatmates.
Old May 8, 17, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
Interisland first class is a joke. You're literally spending 20 minutes in the air with most of these flights.
Old May 8, 17, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
I am not quite sure when or how the title of this thread was changed...

I was only interested in the service provided not whether it is worth it or not. As my reservation is a muti-leg booking it made no or very little difference whether I booked Y or F.
Old May 9, 17, 4:15 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sorry, I misread the intent of your original post; I've updated the title to (hopefully) better reflect it. Guess I need to ease up on the Koloa rum (the coffee rum is particularly tasty).

As noted in the editing remarks under your post, I added some (details) to your thread title to help the other members who visit this forum to better understand the nature of your question and ensure you receive responses that address your needs. This is allowed per the following FT Rule. http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#threadtitles

Hope you enjoy your time in Hawaii!

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii-Based Airlines Forum
Old Jun 27, 17, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY View Post
Hello I will be travelling from KOA to HNL with HA in First class

I was wondering what the service on board is on a midday flight.. I know it is only about 47min schedule... and I know in Y you get a juice... what is offered in F?

Many thanks

SB
Usually, you get a pre-departure beverage. Then in the air you get another beverage service of your choice and a small package of mixed nuts. Not a huge difference over Y which just gets a choice of water or guava juice inflight.

KOA doesn't have a lot of food options though there are plenty of places in HNL.
Old Jun 27, 17, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Sorry, I misread the intent of your original post; I've updated the title to (hopefully) better reflect it. Guess I need to ease up on the Koloa rum (the coffee rum is particularly tasty).
I know a guy who works in their store on Kauai and he said to mix 50% Coffee rum and 50% Coconut rum. I tried it and sure enough it's one of my new faves!
Old Jul 4, 17, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
I know a guy who works in their store on Kauai and he said to mix 50% Coffee rum and 50% Coconut rum. I tried it and sure enough it's one of my new faves!
AS should try this inflight
Old Jul 7, 17, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
Love the Koloa mai tai, beats the UA Trader Vic mai tai hands down.

Search this Thread