Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Enough time to transfer and is it even worth it?

Old Apr 24, 17, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD

2 questions:

Landing in HNL at 11:05 on DL flight. Is a 12:35 flight to LIH enough time to transfer to HA?

If so, the 12:35 flight is a 767 (Random but seems legit) and the 1:11 flight is the regular 717.

Should I just take the 1:11 to avoid the 767 rush of people when I land anyways?

TY
Old Apr 24, 17, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
2 questions:

Landing in HNL at 11:05 on DL flight. Is a 12:35 flight to LIH enough time to transfer to HA?

If so, the 12:35 flight is a 767 (Random but seems legit) and the 1:11 flight is the regular 717.

Should I just take the 1:11 to avoid the 767 rush of people when I land anyways?

TY
Having taken the 767 flight before, I highly recommend the regular 717 flights unless you want to experience the novelty of a widebody on an interisland flight. Everything about the 767 flight just "seems" slower, from taxiing to arrival. The mass of people you'd have to contend with is another reason to avoid it.
Old Apr 24, 17, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Originally Posted by eeflyer View Post
Having taken the 767 flight before, I highly recommend the regular 717 flights unless you want to experience the novelty of a widebody on an interisland flight. Everything about the 767 flight just "seems" slower, from taxiing to arrival. The mass of people you'd have to contend with is another reason to avoid it.

Yup,

No need to have the boarding time as long as the actual flight time....717 flight it is.
Old Apr 24, 17, 3:34 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
2 questions:

TY
Presuming your flight is on time and NO CHECKED BAGS, the transfer can be done. With checked bags you'd be pushing the limit unless you can get them interlined at your departure airport.

I'd take the 1:11p flight on the 717
Old Jun 1, 17, 9:39 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by eeflyer View Post
We had the novelty of the large plane the last time we were on the island and found it a very odd experience with steep banking compared to the smaller aircraft which I think is more suited to the island hopping. Certainly something different that is for sure!

Search this Thread