Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA A330 to Everrett, WA, what's the problem?

HA A330 to Everrett, WA, what's the problem?

Old Apr 8, 17, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

HA 30 OGG-SEA last night flied to PAE directly after arrival and another flight HA 1098 HNL-SEA overnight to fly this HA29 SEA-OGG this morning... Anything wrong with the A330? And even if there is anything wrong, why did it go to Boeing plant?

The flightaware link is here: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N379HA

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 8, 17 at 7:57 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Apr 8, 17, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
They were going to boeing-fy the aircraft?
Old Apr 9, 17, 8:29 am

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Cabin configuration change (lie-flat seats up front + additional Economy Comfort seats) is the first thing that comes to mind:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...ion-thead.html
Old Apr 10, 17, 1:19 pm
azj

Originally Posted by John Wang View Post
HA 30 OGG-SEA last night flied to PAE directly after arrival and another flight HA 1098 HNL-SEA overnight to fly this HA29 SEA-OGG this morning... Anything wrong with the A330? And even if there is anything wrong, why did it go to Boeing plant?

The flightaware link is here: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N379HA
KPAE has more than just Boeing facilities. There is a maintenance provider (can't remember the name right now) at the field as well. HA will also send their 767s when necessary, but HA is also using this facility to modify the 330's with the lie flat premium cabin seats. The planes are generally routed via SEA. Normally the swap occurs in the same night, sending one to KPAE after arrival from Hawaii and the other positions into SEA for the next morning's flight to Hawaii. What you see with HA1028 is an extra flight added to meet demand during spring break travel. There was an extra PDX flight added last week. HA tends to add flights during peak season on an ad-hoc basis to meet demand.
Old Apr 10, 17, 11:37 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
Originally Posted by azj View Post
There is a maintenance provider (can't remember the name right now) at the field as well.
If I recall it is Goodrich...which I think now goes by the name of UTC Aerospace Systems which is a part of United Technologies. Also if I recall correctly, Goodrich was the contractor who also refurbished HA's ex-Delta 767-300's when HA purchased them from the lessors years back.
Old Apr 11, 17, 4:33 pm
azj

Originally Posted by HA/UA_Flyer View Post
If I recall it is Goodrich...which I think now goes by the name of UTC Aerospace Systems which is a part of United Technologies. Also if I recall correctly, Goodrich was the contractor who also refurbished HA's ex-Delta 767-300's when HA purchased them from the lessors years back.
That's the one! HA used them in the past to do the initial 330 Extra Comfort mod and to de-purple the interiors. HA will also send both the 330 or 767 there for work that can't be done during line maintenance on the west coast or in HNL.
Old Sep 11, 17, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
The Goodrich facility at KPAE now belongs to Aviation Technical Services

http://www.atsmro.com/

Search this Thread