Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HA 321neo interiors unveiled

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Kumulani
I doubt the A321neo product will be worse than the product HA has already been sending to the west coast for years on the 767 and A330.
If the review quoted above is accurate that there is no recline, then this will be the worst F product in the skies. The seats are reportedly Slimlines.

Since HA has released no good published information and no social media presence here, we are forced to speculate.

Last edited by 747FC; Mar 26, 2018 at 12:24 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:04 pm
azj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC

If the review quoted above is accurate that there is no recline, then this will be the worst F product in the skies. The seats are reportedly Slimlines.

Since HA has released no good published information and no social media prpresence here, we are forced to speculate.
The seats are BE Aerospace MiQ and there is of course, recline.
railmatt likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by azj
That is good to hear. Now is there a footrest as shown in one of the scrollable pictures here:

MiQ Business Class Aircraft Seating - Rockwell Collins
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:04 pm
azj
Original Poster

That is good to hear. Now is there a footrest as shown in one of the scrollable pictures here:

MiQ Business Class Aircraft Seating - Rockwell Collins
I've only been on the 321neo once, briefly, and can't exactly remember the foot rest situation, but I do believe there is one.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by azj
pity they didn't go for the B/E Aerospace seats AA installed on their Airbus A321T for a similar domestic flight distance/duration! (btw this is the business clals seat, there is also an F section on the AA 321)

Last edited by Cymba; Mar 29, 2018 at 1:26 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cymba
pity they didn't go for the B/E Aerospace seats AA installed on their Airbus A321T for a similar flight range!
The markets the plane will be flying between are more relevant to the selection of seats than the range. AA doesn't send the A321T to Hawaii for a reason.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by formeraa
In theory, the 321neo is wonderful. We shall see what happens in reality, which is often different from the theoretical.
Wait to try those slimline seats for a 7-hour flight....
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Wait to try those slimline seats for a 7-hour flight....
And, don't forget the 30" pitch, too (and, yes, HA states on their website that it is a 30" pitch). How could that possibly be comfortable for 7+ hours???

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 26, 2018 at 6:23 pm Reason: edited to keep things civil
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:08 pm

Doesn't seem to be a lot of reviews yet on the A321neo. Will be flying from PDX-OGG in February on one in Extra comfort. Bummed that HA went away from the 2 aisle planes but understand that they want to lower their standards to compete against the single aisle competitors too. Surprised the seat pitch for the First product is only a measly 39"!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa
And, don't forget the 30" pitch, too (and, yes, HA states on their website that it is a 30" pitch). How could that possibly be comfortable for 7+ hours???
And here is the seat chart:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our...-fleet/a321neo
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by toadman
Doesn't seem to be a lot of reviews yet on the A321neo. Will be flying from PDX-OGG in February on one in Extra comfort. Bummed that HA went away from the 2 aisle planes but understand that they want to lower their standards to compete against the single aisle competitors too. Surprised the seat pitch for the First product is only a measly 39"!
I did a pretty comprehensive review of the new A321 NEO on my trip report with many pictures.
Hawaiian Airlines Long Beach Inaugural June 1, 2018

The best row for Extra Comfort is the bulkhead seat (but are blocked) and please be aware certain rows have no windows. You can refer to my trip report for those detailed information

Carfield
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Carfield
I did a pretty comprehensive review of the new A321 NEO on my trip report with many pictures.
Hawaiian Airlines Long Beach Inaugural June 1, 2018

The best row for Extra Comfort is the bulkhead seat (but are blocked) and please be aware certain rows have no windows. You can refer to my trip report for those detailed information

Carfield
Carfiled - Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: HA Platinum, UA Silver
The first class seat is terrible.
They really went for a minimalist design--minimal padding, minimal recline, minimal legroom, minimal width, minimal leg rest.
But it's not any different from what you get with these next generation first class seats on all the other airlines too.

I value the HA first class experience w/ these seats around $500-600 ow max for the 5 hr West Coast-HI flights.
The A330 experience is no comparison.

Even the 717 first class seats are MUCH better and that's saying a lot.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Mokuea
The first class seat is terrible.
They really went for a minimalist design--minimal padding, minimal recline, minimal legroom, minimal width, minimal leg rest.
But it's not any different from what you get with these next generation first class seats on all the other airlines too.

I value the HA first class experience w/ these seats around $500-600 ow max for the 5 hr West Coast-HI flights.
The A330 experience is no comparison.

Even the 717 first class seats are MUCH better and that's saying a lot.
from hawaiian customer service:

"

Thank you for contacting Hawaiian Airlines Reservations.

Please see below Airbus A321neo first class seat information:

Seat width 21 inches
Seat pitch 39 inches
Seat recline 5 inches
In-flight entertainment (IFE) ) iPad Mini with headset provided
Power outlets 110v/50Hz A/C and USB

Row 1 has calf rests, rows 2, 3 and 4 have footrests on back of seat forward of them."

Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Cymba
from hawaiian customer service:

"

Thank you for contacting Hawaiian Airlines Reservations.

Please see below Airbus A321neo first class seat information:

Seat width 21 inches
Seat pitch 39 inches
Seat recline 5 inches
In-flight entertainment (IFE) ) iPad Mini with headset provided
Power outlets 110v/50Hz A/C and USB

Row 1 has calf rests, rows 2, 3 and 4 have footrests on back of seat forward of them."

Here is a comparison from SeatGuru on the Alaska Airlines slimline that I will be taking in a couple of weeks:Pitch41 Width21
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Al..._737-800_E.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.