Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have issues with B6 and VX flights posting to HawaiianMiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Generally B6 flights seem to post to my HawaiianMiles account OK when they're part of an HA booking. But when I fly them separately and try to credit the miles to HA, it rarely works. And VX never seems to post miles to my HA account, even when I fly them as part of an HA booking. When I make a retroactive mileage request on the HA website, it's always rejected. Eventually I'm always able to get the miles, but I have to email them my receipt and have them do it manually.

I'm wondering if other people have had this issue as well, or if it's just some weird thing specific to my account. I've never had so many issues with miles posting on any other frequent flyer program.

Last edited by Kumulani; Mar 28, 2017 at 6:45 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Only tried crediting a JetBlue flight once, but struck out completely when I did.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA General member
I had great trouble the other way, crediting HA flight (ex-HNL) to B6. The outbound flight leaving the mainland posted just fine, the return flight never did and eventually I escalated at B6 and they manually credited the flights (6 months later!)
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Tried for 3 months last year to credit a B6 flight to my HA account and eventually gave up. Even furnished my BP to no avail.

Never had this problem when AA and DL were mileage partners back in the day.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
To be clear, I have never had any trouble getting flights credited in the end. After having trouble with the "Request Past Miles" function on their website, I don't even bother with it anymore. I just go to https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hmsc, click "Make a request," set the topic to HawaiianMiles, subtopic to "Earn HawaiianMiles on Past Travel" and attach a PDF of my itinerary. I have never had them reject a request when I do it this way, and the miles always end up in my account within a couple days.

I was more wondering about problems with automatic crediting of miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.