Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian airlines and Virgin Air flt.

Hawaiian airlines and Virgin Air flt.

Old Feb 13, 17, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Angry Hawaiian airlines and Virgin Air flt.

Trying to save a few bucks flying with Hawn. via Virgin Air is not worth the hassle. You can barely make connecting flights cause you would have to go thru TSA inspection again. We had to run to the next gate to make flights. I would not do this again.
Old Feb 13, 17, 3:08 pm

Just curious, what were the flight numbers/airports?
Old Feb 13, 17, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by tdowl5757 View Post
Just curious, what were the flight numbers/airports?
I would guess LAX since Virgin America is in T3, while HA is in T2.
Old Feb 15, 17, 12:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to FlyerTalk 70plus.

As AS has just acquired VX, I suspect this connection will be going away. And as a plus side, AS does have a rather robust West Coast to Hawaii network ^.
Old Feb 15, 17, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HA Pua Plat
It's true, right now connections from B6/VX to HA at LAX are no fun because of the T3 to T2 transfer. Pretty soon though, B6 and HA will be moving to T5, and VX will be joining AS in T6, making airside connections possible. But yeah, when AS and VX integrate their operations further I can't imagine them keeping HA as a partner.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: