Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Is there no way around Hawaiian Air's miles flight change limitation of EXACT miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there no way around Hawaiian Air's miles flight change limitation of EXACT miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Is there no way around Hawaiian Air's miles flight change limitation of EXACT miles?

Is there ANY way around the limitation on Hawaiian Air that when you want to change a miles flight that the new flight needs to be the EXACT SAME miles???
My Situation: I booked a non-stop OAK-OGG for 17,500. My friend lives in Oakland, so I was going to fly to her, stay the night and we fly together. After I book the flight, she tells me that she booked SFO-OGG (no matter her reasons)... That means a wasted flight LAX - OGG, cost of a hotel room near the airport there ($200/night w/ taxes) and arriving 2 hours before she does. So, I tried to change to a non-stop LAX-OGG on the SAME day and same time, but the non-stop flight is 25,000. I have 21,700 in my miles "bank" but they will not pull from that to allow me to make the change. And even if I wanted to BUY the leg, it would cancel my other flight (because I would miss the originating leg).
Are there ANY options?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.