Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Haneda Applications are in: HA goes from HNL/KOA hybrid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Haneda Applications are in: HA goes from HNL/KOA hybrid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by ROCAT
As far as I know the plan for now is a stop in PHNL for customs. For 1 flight CBP is not willing to pay to send agents to Kona and back the days of the flights.
Wow... that's pretty lame. So it's just HND-HNL for all intents and purposes.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by slippahs
Wow... that's pretty lame. So it's just HND-HNL for all intents and purposes.
Agree.

They did it before, right?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:54 am

... they are "feverishly" attempting to complete a temporary facility by November ...

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/T...on-9171946.php

Articles were posted 6 days ago.

-David
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by beckoa
Agree.

They did it before, right?
Seems before JAPAN Airlines, did passport checks at Kona, when they flew to Kona.

And now has some limited hours: https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/kona
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Taipei
And now has some limited hours: https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/kona
Having a FIS for private traffic is very, very different from having a facility to process ~200 pax on a regular basis. There are lots of US airports that can handle international traffic on a private plane, usually by bringing an agent over from a properly staffed facility (e.g. ISP is staffed by JFK when needed) but that do not and will not process a commercial flight. KOA is in an interesting position with its situation.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:13 pm
azj

Originally Posted by ROCAT
As far as I know the plan for now is a stop in PHNL for customs. For 1 flight CBP is not willing to pay to send agents to Kona and back the days of the flights.
I don't think this has ever been the plan. HAL has always said they'd urge the State and Feds to move forward with reactivating or rebuilding the CBP facilities in KOA. This plan seems to still be in motion and estimated to be ready for the December launch.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
KOA already has full time CBP, even if they don't do much. As far as I know, the plan is for the HND-KOA non-stop to do full Customs & Immigration in KOA. They are in the process of installing 10 APC Kiosks too.. Not sure if there will be any GE kiosk though?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
KOA already has full time CBP, even if they don't do much. As far as I know, the plan is for the HND-KOA non-stop to do full Customs & Immigration in KOA. They are in the process of installing 10 APC Kiosks too.. Not sure if there will be any GE kiosk though?
Any updates, with the new service and CBP processing, just wanted to know is it quick or long lines?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat 75k, CA Phoenix Gold
I flew HND-KOA on January 11 and it took 10-15 minutes from exiting the plane to baggage belt. When we pulled up to KOA airport, we deplaned via ramp, and were led over the airfield to the same large white tent structure that Japan Airlines used years ago for immigration and customs. Inside, processing took no longer than about 10 minutes for me (US citizen), including both immigration and customs. There were a 8-10 APC kiosks, but unlike in HNL they were not used. (At least not on that day.) Instead, I was directed to one of two immigration officers who were processing US citizens and green card holders. I was one of the first people off the plane and noticed that everybody further back trickled out slowly behind me, so your wait will very much depend on your seat in the plane. (Especially since the facility only handles this one flight, so first person off the plane = shortest wait.) Overall, a very good experience
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Alex909
I flew HND-KOA on January 11 and it took 10-15 minutes from exiting the plane to baggage belt. When we pulled up to KOA airport, we deplaned via ramp, and were led over the airfield to the same large white tent structure that Japan Airlines used years ago for immigration and customs. Inside, processing took no longer than about 10 minutes for me (US citizen), including both immigration and customs. There were a 8-10 APC kiosks, but unlike in HNL they were not used. (At least not on that day.) Instead, I was directed to one of two immigration officers who were processing US citizens and green card holders. I was one of the first people off the plane and noticed that everybody further back trickled out slowly behind me, so your wait will very much depend on your seat in the plane. (Especially since the facility only handles this one flight, so first person off the plane = shortest wait.) Overall, a very good experience
Thanks for the update. Also good to see more international service is coming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.