Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I flew PHX-HNL-PHX last week and noted similar issues. I was more than happy with my Comfort seat (36" of legroom, equal to F on many DL flights). However, I noticed the same shenanigans on the offer to upgrade to F. It was way more than if I had just bought F in the first place, which I was willing to do, but HA wanted too much at the time and the computer wouldn't give me the 5% affiliate discount on the F seats. Oh well, they lost a potential F customer over $85 (I hope they got that much for the seats in the end).

Comfort turned out to be great. I do wish that the extra $80 came with an enhanced meal service of some sort. It seems like they could use $5 of the extra fee to give Comfort passenger an enhanced meal on a tray, for example.
747FC likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Can anyone confirm that row 12 in a lie flat A330 (specifically on the BOS or JFK to HNL route) has the ability to recline? Curious about booking that row as the bulkhead wall is behind you. 11 hour flight from east coast, you want to make sure you can recline the seat....

TIA!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Can anyone confirm that row 12 in a lie flat A330 (specifically on the BOS or JFK to HNL route) has the ability to recline? Curious about booking that row as the bulkhead wall is behind you. 11 hour flight from east coast, you want to make sure you can recline the seat....

TIA!
Yes it reclines a few inches.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 747FC

Yes it reclines a few inches.
I haven't flown HA in a while but I seem to remember EC reclining more than a few inches...is row 12 limited recline or does it recline the same as the rest of EC- that’s what I’m trying to figure out.

Last time we flew to Oahu BOS direct service wasn’t online and we broke up the JFK flights (by choice) with stopovers in CA so we only had 6H to be seated. And we upgraded on the way out so I have limited experience with EC long haul.

This time we’re flying nonstop, likely not upgrading, and not stopping in CA so picking a seat is a little more crucial. Right now we’re in bulkhead row 14 a/b and since 11 a/b and it’s twin on the other side are taken not sure if we should stay where we are or entertain moving to the mini cabin...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by sperkins921

I haven't flown HA in a while but I seem to remember EC reclining more than a few inches...is row 12 limited recline or does it recline the same as the rest of EC- that’s what I’m trying to figure out.

Last time we flew to Oahu BOS direct service wasn’t online and we broke up the JFK flights (by choice) with stopovers in CA so we only had 6H to be seated. And we upgraded on the way out so I have limited experience with EC long haul.

This time we’re flying nonstop, likely not upgrading, and not stopping in CA so picking a seat is a little more crucial. Right now we’re in bulkhead row 14 a/b and since 11 a/b and it’s twin on the other side are taken not sure if we should stay where we are or entertain moving to the mini cabin...
While I’ve never taken a ruler to them, the seats ineach row seem to recline the same few inches.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:58 am

While I’ve never taken a ruler to them, the seats ineach row seem to recline the same few inches.
Okay great. Just wanted to make sure they reclined as least the same as the others considering the bulkhead behind.

Appreciate the help
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:50 am

I am flying in 11J from HNL to LAX and read a recent review on SeatGuru that the bulkhead/divider between Coach and First restricts legroom on the new configuration. Has anyone flown recently and can offer their opinion? Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by special_agent47
I am flying in 11J from HNL to LAX and read a recent review on SeatGuru that the bulkhead/divider between Coach and First restricts legroom on the new configuration. Has anyone flown recently and can offer their opinion? Thanks!
Assuming you are referring to the A330, I have not found restricted legroom. NB: I'm 5'9"
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:36 pm

Assuming you are referring to the A330, I have not found restricted legroom. NB: I'm 5'9"
Apologies - it would have been helpful for me to include the aircraft type! Yes, it's an A330. I saw the points guy's review on the revised F class and in it were a few photos of the "mini cabin" showing rows 11 and 12, with 11 having somewhat restricted legroom because of the bulkhead. I still think it's worth a roll of the dice and I'll update after my flight.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:53 pm

I always try to book seat 11J and can confirm there is less legroom now than there was prior to the introduction of the lie flat seats. However....there is still plenty of space (but I'm 5'1" so that may be a factor). I love the little private area for 11AB and 11HJ.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:25 am

Which EC seats to choose?

Hi

We are flying to Hawaii in Jan 2020 from LA and returning in February. Need help choosing some seats if possible.

Flying on Hawaiian. First class was coming up too much on the multi city.

Itinerary as follows.
LAX to OGG on 27th Jan (A330)
OGG to LIH on 3rd February (B717)
LIH to LAX on 12th February (A321 Neo)

none are red eyes / overnight but gone for extra comfort being that I’m 6ft.

LAX to OGG we have gone for 34J and H or would you recommend something else. Screenshots of what’s free attached ...

LAX to OGG

LAX TO OGG

Not too worried about the OGG to LIH being only 50 minutes.

LIH to LAX, we have gone for 16J and H. Again, anything better?

LIH TO LAX

LIH to LAX

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:34 am

If it were me, on the A330, I’d go for 11CD, but I hate sitting in the middle or back of the economy cabin. I’d also rather not have the restroom que in front of me. It’s all personal preference, but I like the mini-cabin up front.
FBWFTW likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
I’d personally take 14HJ-you’ll be able to get off quicker but there’s a legroom trade off there for sure.

I also noticed we’ll be in HI at the same time as you We leave Jan 24 BOS-HNL then on to OGG back to HNL and back the 8th to BOS!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by FBWFTW
I’d personally take 14HJ-you’ll be able to get off quicker but there’s a legroom trade off there for sure.
I second this advice – having literally just flown home on that exact flight in those exact seats less than 24 hours ago. If you cannot get the row 11 side seats- I believe those are 11HJ/and 11AB?- then I would not bother with the mini cabin at all. I would take 14 H and J again in a heartbeat.

There was no noise from the bathroom even though the thing on the other side of the bulkhead in those seats is the bathroom. You can, however, hear galley noise and galley conversation if you are a person who does not have on noise canceling headphones so do keep that in mind.

But strictly on a basis of legroom and seats in extra comfort my first choice would be again the row 11 dual seats off to either side of the mini cabin and then my next choice would be 14 AB and 14 JH.
Old May 10, 2020, 4:31 pm

Hello

I’m planning a trip to Hawaii for summer next year, looking at flying SFO to HNL on HA11.

We are a family of 4, our two children will be 6 and 3 by then. We’ve never flown with HA before, so wondering which seats should we go for in EC? I’d quite like to all sit together in the middle section, but also like to have window seats for the kids, as it’s a day flight.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.