Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian A330 Lie-Flat Premium Cabin Conversion Thead"

Consolidated "Hawaiian A330 Lie-Flat Premium Cabin Conversion Thead"

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 6, 18, 9:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: azj
Wiki Link
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Old May 10, 18, 11:24 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Hawaiian Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by azj View Post
I would keep your hopes low... OAK will become an all 321neo station by the end of the year. However, the last 330 to get the new cabins will go for mods at the end of April. All 330s will be done well ahead of your Sept. flight. It just depends on when HA decides to switch to other equipment.
Is that a guarantee that they will switch to the 321neo? It seems like their flights are pretty full now unless they are planning to have two flights a day? The 321neo is a crappy plane but that's the trend nowadays with all airlines.
Old May 11, 18, 7:39 pm
azj

Originally Posted by coconuts View Post
Is that a guarantee that they will switch to the 321neo? It seems like their flights are pretty full now unless they are planning to have two flights a day? The 321neo is a crappy plane but that's the trend nowadays with all airlines.
I wouldn't exactly call the 321neo crappy. It certainly isn't a widebody with widebody comfort, but a brand new airplane that creates new opportunities which offers more options to HAL guests is great. As for OAK, equipment changes are always possible, but AFAIK all OAK flights (LIH, OGG and HNL) will be 321neo. The 321 will allow upgaging and downgauging as demand requires. It also allows seasonal flights to go year round (LIH-OAK, KOA-LAX)) and will spread the seats among the different islands as opposed to concentrating everything at HNL and to a smaller extent OGG.
Old May 24, 18, 10:22 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
I'm flying Hawaiian in June from LAX to Sydney through HNL. on flights numbers HA1 and HA451, the site shows them lie-flat seats. I'm hoping that is accurate
Old May 24, 18, 11:28 am
azj

Originally Posted by fnaime23 View Post
I'm flying Hawaiian in June from LAX to Sydney through HNL. on flights numbers HA1 and HA451, the site shows them lie-flat seats. I'm hoping that is accurate
Yes that's acurate... all 330s are now sporting the new cabins with lie flat seats and more Extra Comfort seating as well.
Old May 24, 18, 4:59 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by azj View Post
Yes that's acurate... all 330s are now sporting the new cabins with lie flat seats and more Extra Comfort seating as well.
thats awesome, thanks azj. also I was reading about additional padding added for sleep, sounded similar to Virgin Astralia's turn down service, is that what it is? is that only on the HNL-SYD route or to/from LA too?
Old May 25, 18, 8:59 pm
azj

Originally Posted by fnaime23 View Post
thats awesome, thanks azj. also I was reading about additional padding added for sleep, sounded similar to Virgin Astralia's turn down service, is that what it is? is that only on the HNL-SYD route or to/from LA too?
I wouldn't call it "turndown" service, but there is a thin mattress pad type thing that you can put on the leather if you want. There will also be two pillows, one larger one and a smaller one that attaches to the headrest and a nice blanket. This extra bedding is only found on the international flights. You'll have the domestic pillow/blanket on the flights to/from LAX, which are actually pretty decent.
Old Jul 31, 18, 12:43 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Sorry to bring up a somewhat older thread, but has anybody heard of the PHX route change to the A330? As far as I knew it was still the 767 flying that one. However, I'm looking into next year and ITA Matrix listed HA35 as A330 instead. It looks like the plane type changes in January of 2019

Last edited by United16; Jul 31, 18 at 12:49 pm
Old Jul 31, 18, 12:47 pm

Dang, wish that was happening in November!!!
Old Jul 31, 18, 5:23 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
Originally Posted by United16 View Post
Sorry to bring up a somewhat older thread, but has anybody heard of the PHX route change to the A330? As far as I knew it was still the 767 flying that one. However, I'm looking into next year and ITA Matrix listed HA35 as A330 instead. It looks like the plane type changes in January of 2019
According to HA's annual report for 2017, there will only be 2 767s left in the fleet at the end of 2018. I believe it was reported somewhere that those 2 remaining 767s will be gone in early 2019 with PHX/HNL being the last 767 route so that corresponds to the changeover to A332 for PHX/HNL in January. I remember reading about that somewhere, but can't seem to find it at the moment.

All in all, this is due to the introduction of the A321neo to which HA will have a total of 11 in the fleet by the end of 2018. A321neo numbers 7 and 8 arrived into HNL last week. The ninth A321neo is in final assembly right now. HA is currently down to 6 767s remaining from a total of 8 at the beginning of 2018 with two being sold off and sent to UA recently.
Old Aug 13, 18, 6:54 pm

Hi all,
I recently chatted with an agent about upgrading with points to First Class on an HNL-LAX in November. The flight I wanted, HA4, was available for upgrade for 25k points. But the agent said the flight did not have lie-flat seats (I specifically double-checked.) The thing is, the seating chart shows it's an A330 and it shows lie-flat seats, but the agent said it was not on that flight. They said only the routes that show the words "lie-flat seats" under the fare actually have lie-flat seats. I'm inclined to trust the agent over an online seating chart. But does anyone have actual experience with this? It's a red-eye flight. If there aren't lie-flat seats then I'm inclined to go for a daytime flight anyway and will forego the upgrade.
Old Aug 13, 18, 6:59 pm

All LAX flights should be lie flat by now (and certainly by November). There's always the chance of something weird happening with equipment shifts etc. but I'd be very surprised if they planned a non-LF flight at this point for that route. If the HA website's own seating chart shows the lieflats then I think you are good and you may want to try csr roulette and talking to a different rep...
Old Aug 13, 18, 7:28 pm

Ok thanks. I may try another agent. I'd love not to waste points on a non lie-flat seat for a red-eye when I could just book a daytime flight in economy. But I have the points available to sue and it would be nice to get the extra time in Maui and be able to rest on the plane overnight.
Old Aug 14, 18, 7:01 am
azj

All the 330s have the lie flat seats, unless the 330 is substituted by a 767 or 321, which don’t have lie flats.
Old Aug 14, 18, 2:31 pm

Update, so I called and spoke with an agent who said the flight had lie-flat seats and upgrades were available for 25k points per person. I hung up, I transferred 50k points from Amex. Booked my ticket. Called back right away to process the upgrade and they told me it was now 50k points per person. I mean, a few minutes later. And as far as I can see there are still the same number of seats available in first class (and the first class tickets still show the same price with 2 left available at that price.) I cancelled the ticket, which they said take 2-3 weeks to post back to my card. So now I'm stuck with 50k Hawaiian airlines points and no lie flat seats. Guess I'll try to use it on an upgrade on my initial route which is actually OGG-SJC, which flies the 767s.

So far I'm not really all that impressed with Hawaiian. I get conflicting advice from their customer service agents and ended up with nothing to show for it.
Old Aug 14, 18, 2:36 pm

That sucks. I wouldn't burn points to sit in recliners on the 767, blech.

Search this Thread