Wiki Posts
Search

HA 444 timing change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, AAAdvantage, Delta
HA 444 timing change

Had a flight booked in March 2015 BNE-HNL. Noticed it now departs 3 hours later and arrives now at 11:15a.m. was hoping to have a few hours visit to HNL before catching a 6:30pm flight. Why the change?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:53 am
azj

Since March 2015 is so far out, there are bound to be changes. I suspect it is for general aircraft routing as the flight switches to a 330 on December 5th, which is when this schedule change occurs. Flight 443 HNL-BNE will depart at 1450 arriving at 2040. The return to HNL flight 444 leaves BNE at 2245 and arrives HNL at 1150. This new schedule provides better connecting opportunities to the North American network. This will be available for all cities except JFK (and maybe PDX) westbound and all cities eastbound. I'm hoping the later arrival in BNE will still allow for connections to Virgin Australia flights.

Honestly, you'll feel better arriving in Hawaii at 1115am as opposed to the current 745am leaving you more refreshed for the rest of the day.

Last edited by azj; Sep 27, 2014 at 3:15 pm Reason: Included schedule.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I think the schedule change has more to do with the HNL-BNE leaving later - it was a morning flight not allowing many connections now it leaves in the afternoon after the mainland flights arrive.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:28 am

New schedule

I am a passenger who is adversely affected by the change in schedule for HA flight #443. Instead of arriving in BNE at 4:00 pm, the arrival time is now 7:45 pm, eliminating any possibility of evening activity in Brisbane.

The departure from Honolulu is now 1:20 pm instead of 10:00 am. I do not expect to have a rental car. Does anyone have a recommendation for a Monday morning activity starting from Waikiki followed by shuttle service to the airport, all of which arrives in time for check-in for an international departure at 1:20 pm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.