Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one stunned at price increases?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Pualani Platinum

LAX to HON prices for June / July are at $ 850? ...?...anyone else see price spikes?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:53 pm
azj

Not stunned here as simple supply and demand in the peak summer travel season are driving these fares. The other airlines are charging just about the same when comparing the same dates and non-stop flights. Doing a quick search on the HAL website ticket prices range from $588 to $982 depending on the day of travel in the month of June, $754 to $918 for travel in July and things get cheaper in August as the peak winds down with fares ranging from $588 to $896.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Summer/High Season, that is pretty typical for that timeframe. Record tourism the past couple of years doesn't help. A pullback in capacity from Alaska doesn't help either.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1 MM; HA Pualani Platinum
$850 is not at all typical for the last few years! I have never paid over $500 for flights to the Bay Area in previous years (including 2013). However, National Public Radio just reported that bookings from the Mainland to Hawaii, Florida and the Caribbean are up by 38% for 2014 over last year, so its pure supply-and-demand. Not surprising given the weather on the Mainland this winter.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
for some reason lax to hnl the prices have been high for the since probably around 2008-09...used to be able to find lots of about 300$ rates

lately i rarely see it drop less then mid 400s regardless of peak/off peak

your more likely to find a mid 300s rate to go to san diego...

Bay area is higher then it has been..but still when prices fluctuate you can find about 300$ rates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.