FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   HA Flight Change at gate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1557064-ha-flight-change-gate.html)

eng3 Mar 3, 2014 1:12 pm

HA Flight Change at gate?

I'll be flying to HNL on UA then connecting to OGG on HA carrying my bags.

If I wish to standby for an earlier (or later if I miss connect), do I just go straight to the gate counter? Or do I need to goto checkin?

Also, I read that they don't really have standby and it is considered a change. If I do want (or need) to standby and pay a change fee, will that allow me to also change my return flight to an earlier flight using the same fee (+fare)?

747FC Mar 3, 2014 3:16 pm

No Standby allowed, unless you are a premium HA flyer (Platinum). No changes at Gate, period. Not sure about whether the change fee would cover both segments, but I suspect it would....call em and find out.

yahrite808 Mar 3, 2014 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 22454526)
I'll be flying to HNL on UA then connecting to OGG on HA carrying my bags.

If I wish to standby for an earlier (or later if I miss connect), do I just go straight to the gate counter? Or do I need to goto checkin?

Also, I read that they don't really have standby and it is considered a change. If I do want (or need) to standby and pay a change fee, will that allow me to also change my return flight to an earlier flight using the same fee (+fare)?

Pretty sure you can change your flight airside at the service desks in the terminal

see this link: http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app...tail/a_id/348/

Conditions For Travel Wholly Within The State Of Hawaii Excluding Hawaiian Coach Plus Tickets
Interisland date/flight or reroute changes are subject to a $30 USD change fee per ticket plus any applicable difference in fare. No refunds will be issued if the applicable difference in fare is less than $0.Award tickets may only be rebooked onto another flight with available seats in the same class, for a fee of $30 USD per flight segment.
Award tickets for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii may only be changed to another award ticket for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii.
Wholly unused award tickets may be redeposited for a fee of $30 USD.
Standby travel is not permitted.

slippahs Mar 3, 2014 8:24 pm

+1. I've seen a "change flight" option too at the OGG kiosks airside but didn't go through with the transaction where it showed me pricing options since I could standby for free as a corporate and elite. Course I don't know that there are any kiosks airside in HNL so that doesn't help much.

Originally Posted by yahrite808 (Post 22456581)
Pretty sure you can change your flight airside at the service desks in the terminal

see this link: http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app...tail/a_id/348/

Conditions For Travel Wholly Within The State Of Hawaii Excluding Hawaiian Coach Plus Tickets
Interisland date/flight or reroute changes are subject to a $30 USD change fee per ticket plus any applicable difference in fare. No refunds will be issued if the applicable difference in fare is less than $0.Award tickets may only be rebooked onto another flight with available seats in the same class, for a fee of $30 USD per flight segment.
Award tickets for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii may only be changed to another award ticket for travel wholly within the State of Hawaii.
Wholly unused award tickets may be redeposited for a fee of $30 USD.
Standby travel is not permitted.

yahrite808 Mar 3, 2014 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs (Post 22456987)
+1. I've seen a "change flight" option too at the OGG kiosks airside but didn't go through with the transaction where it showed me pricing options since I could standby for free as a corporate and elite. Course I don't know that there are any kiosks airside in HNL so that doesn't help much.

I too haven't seem many kiosks, I was referring to the service desk(s) which are manned by HA personnel, such as the one between Starbucks and the Ewa premier club lounge.

slippahs Mar 4, 2014 12:15 am

Originally Posted by yahrite808 (Post 22457775)
I too haven't seem many kiosks, I was referring to the service desk(s) which are manned by HA personnel, such as the one between Starbucks and the Ewa premier club lounge.

Yep--point was that it's possible to do it airside with an agent if the kiosks at OGG airside would allow it.

eng3 Mar 4, 2014 6:04 am

So a change can be done at a airside "service desk" but not at the gate counter? This would be in HNL at the inter-island terminal.

747FC Mar 4, 2014 10:21 am

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 22458707)
So a change can be done at a airside "service desk" but not at the gate counter? This would be in HNL at the inter-island terminal.

Yes. There are three desks, although depending on the time of day, each one may not be staffed. No problem...just walk a bit and there will be another one.