Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Trying to Determine HA Pass Ride Availability for SFO-AUK on 24 Jan 2014

Old Jan 23, 14, 11:51 am
Original Poster

I have a friend who is intending to pass ride from San Francisco (or Oakland if availability is better) to Auckland with a connection in Honolulu tomorrow, Friday, January 23. His father passed away, hence the last-minute nature of the reservation.

His friend at United, plans to make four reservations online at the ID90 website for first and economy class on each flight because two calls to Hawaiian in quick succession resulted in two vastly different responses on the likelihood for my friend to get into economy or first on either flight.

According to ifc.id90.com, availability on Hawaiian flight 11 (SFO-HNL) looks good in first class and poor in economy. If he were to list for that flight in either cabin, he'd be number 8 on the standby list, but it's uncertain how many seats in each cabin are open. According to the first call to Hawaiian, both cabins look poor. According to the second call to Hawaiian, economy looks good and first looks poor.

Availability on Hawaiian flight 445 (HNL-AKL) looks good in both first and economy, according to ifc.id90.com. He would be number 9 on the standby list if he were to list, but again we don't know how many open seats there are in either cabin. According to the first call to Hawaiian, both cabins look good. According to the second call, economy looks bad and first looks fair. Being at the bottom of the standby list and acknowledging that the first class cabin is small doesn't bode well.

Is there a website that would provide more visibility into what my friend's chances would be. Is there anyone in this forum who have access to this type of information?

Thanks in advance. Jim

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 23, 14 at 7:08 pm Reason: Please read http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q63; thank you
Old Jan 23, 14, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by iker View Post
I have a friend who is intending to pass ride from San Francisco (or Oakland if availability is better) to Auckland with a connection in Honolulu tomorrow, Friday, January 23. His father passed away, hence the last-minute nature of the reservation.

His friend at United, plans to make four reservations online at the ID90 website for first and economy class on each flight because two calls to Hawaiian in quick succession resulted in two vastly different responses on the likelihood for my friend to get into economy or first on either flight.

According to ifc.id90.com, availability on Hawaiian flight 11 (SFO-HNL) looks good in first class and poor in economy. If he were to list for that flight in either cabin, he'd be number 8 on the standby list, but it's uncertain how many seats in each cabin are open. According to the first call to Hawaiian, both cabins look poor. According to the second call to Hawaiian, economy looks good and first looks poor.

Availability on Hawaiian flight 445 (HNL-AKL) looks good in both first and economy, according to ifc.id90.com. He would be number 9 on the standby list if he were to list, but again we don't know how many open seats there are in either cabin. According to the first call to Hawaiian, both cabins look good. According to the second call, economy looks bad and first looks fair. Being at the bottom of the standby list and acknowledging that the first class cabin is small doesn't bode well.

Is there a website that would provide more visibility into what my friend's chances would be. Is there anyone in this forum who have access to this type of information?

Thanks in advance. Jim
Friday is the 24th and has a 1355 departure. To make that connection, he'd had to travel this morning, the 23rd out of the Bay Area.

No website that I know of.

Today's 11 looked tight, but more seats available than those listed. Ditto for tomorrow's 11 and 445. 445 should not be an issue.
Old Jan 23, 14, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
"If" the SFO flight lands on-time, your friend will make the AKL flight as it lands at 12:10, I'd encourage web check-in 24 hours ahead of time.

No need to bother listing for F as it won't happen, HA employees, and HA Employee friends/passes will get the F seats well before someone on another airline gets it as they are behind them on the standby list.
Old Jan 23, 14, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
"If" the SFO flight lands on-time, your friend will make the AKL flight as it lands at 12:10, I'd encourage web check-in 24 hours ahead of time.

No need to bother listing for F as it won't happen, HA employees, and HA Employee friends/passes will get the F seats well before someone on another airline gets it as they are behind them on the standby list.
You're right - I'm not sure where my mind was - the DST changes always confuse me.

Ditto about listing for F. OA Non-revs rarely ever get F....although they do sometimes.
Old Jan 24, 14, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their input. Friend was listed for travel in both first and economy class cabins for both flights, SFO-HNL and HNL-AKL. He managed to get assigned first class seats for both flights. Hope springs eternal.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: