Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA says Equipment change in progress for 2 months

Old Dec 31, 13, 10:04 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....

I am due to fly on HA 246 / 6 Jan and for the last 2 months I have been getting an equipment change in progress error on expert flyer when trying to look at the seat map. Hawaiian's website says "seat maps not available" when you try to assign a seat.

I keep getting told to call back in a few days. Today I was told that the flight was being accommodated but they could not move me or fix it until 24 hrs prior to departure.

I asked if this means the flight is being cancelled. They advised they cannot say officially but, that there is NOT an aircraft assigned to the flight.

I was told that I should call as soon as 24 hrs prior to flight as possible.

Availability is still open and the flight appears to have limited inventory available in both classes of service.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas on strategy?

To complicate the issue further I am on a Delta codeshare in A class.
Old Jan 2, 14, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by acvitale View Post
I am due to fly on HA 246 / 6 Jan and for the last 2 months I have been getting an equipment change in progress error on expert flyer when trying to look at the seat map. Hawaiian's website says "seat maps not available" when you try to assign a seat.

I keep getting told to call back in a few days. Today I was told that the flight was being accommodated but they could not move me or fix it until 24 hrs prior to departure.

I asked if this means the flight is being cancelled. They advised they cannot say officially but, that there is NOT an aircraft assigned to the flight.

I was told that I should call as soon as 24 hrs prior to flight as possible.

Availability is still open and the flight appears to have limited inventory available in both classes of service.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas on strategy?

To complicate the issue further I am on a Delta codeshare in A class.
You sure it's 246? Sounds like your original booked flight got changed to another one around the same time.

It's a 717, so the only difference between the two aircraft in the 717 fleet is the absence of a Row 5 in one of them. Config in FC is the same.
Old Jan 2, 14, 2:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCoco View Post
You sure it's 246? Sounds like your original booked flight got changed to another one around the same time.

It's a 717, so the only difference between the two aircraft in the 717 fleet is the absence of a Row 5 in one of them. Config in FC is the same.
I agree that there are only a few minor differences between the 717-200 fleet.

The whole thing seems really weird!

I am not excited about this and cannot figure it out.
Old Jan 3, 14, 11:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCoco View Post

As of a few minutes ago the seat map miraculously appeared, Exactly 48 hrs prior to flight.

It is a 717-200 with row 5 present.

Amazingly the F cabin was completely open and the Y cabin is better then 2/3 full on the seat map.

I have my desired seat and I am happy! Finally

Search this Thread