FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Hawaiian Airlines introduces "Extra Comfort" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1516803-hawaiian-airlines-introduces-extra-comfort.html)

HNLbasedFlyer Oct 29, 2013 11:43 am

Hawaiian Airlines introduces "Extra Comfort"

40 seats to be converted on all A330 aircraft to "Extra Comfort" - to be completed by June.

In addition to 5 inches of extra legroom, you get:

•Priority boarding at the departure gate
•Complimentary on-demand in-seat entertainment featuring dozens of movies, TV shows and more
•Personal electrical power outlet to charge laptops and other electronic devices*
•Souvenir pillow and blanket set (on international routes only)
•Premium meal selections (on international routes only)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hawaii...100100225.html

gradsflyer Oct 29, 2013 3:53 pm

The big question is will these seats be complimentary for elites and/or Premiere Club members? If they follow they lead of other carriers such as UA with E+ then the hope would be yes.

YouGoGlenCoco Oct 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by gradsflyer (Post 21690707)
The big question is will these seats be complimentary for elites and/or Premiere Club members? If they follow they lead of other carriers such as UA with E+ then the hope would be yes.

Currently PLT and GLD members can standby for a preferred seat on day of departure. If they are available, the seats are complimentary to those members and their +1.

I'm thinking the same logic will be used for Extra Comfort.

CDKing Oct 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Who is the seat manufacturer. Looks like the dreaded slimline seats the other carriers are installing.

rubbernyc Oct 30, 2013 9:16 am

Originally Posted by gradsflyer (Post 21690707)

I would imagine not, since the seats come with a few features such as the entertainment, blanket/pillow kit and premium meals. This is not like UA or the others which only offer more legroom.

Hopefully elites will get a discounted rate.

flyboyHNL Oct 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Ok, so here would be the big question...as HA's A330 will be almost going away on the West Coast routes and replaced with possibly the A321Neo, will "Extra Comfort" seating also be incorporated onto the A321Neo equipment as well? Would possibly make sense since the A321Neo's will be built from the ground up for HA...

Thoughts fellow FTers?

formeraa Oct 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyboyHNL (Post 21696565)
Ok, so here would be the big question...as HA's A330 will be almost going away on the West Coast routes and replaced with possibly the A321Neo, will "Extra Comfort" seating also be incorporated onto the A321Neo equipment as well? Would possibly make sense since the A321Neo's will be built from the ground up for HA...

Thoughts fellow FTers?

I'm not sure that we have established here that "A330 will be almost going away on the West Coast routes and replaced with possibly the A321Neo". Certainly, the A321Neo's will supplement the A330 service in the thinner markets, possibly to the outer island airports. If the A330 Extra Comfort is wildly successful (i.e. makes money for HA), I would assume that they would incorporate it into the A321neo. Removing a row of seats is generally an easy, inexpensive task for an airline.

AnthonyGT Nov 3, 2013 2:27 pm

So I had already booked seats 12A, 12B, 12H, 12J on the JFK-HNL route in late June, 2014. How can I tell if these are now Extra Comfort seats? If they are, does this mean I backed into these Extra Comfort seats without the additional cost? Or will they try and charge me at check-in?

Thanks!

HNLbasedFlyer Nov 4, 2013 10:11 am

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT (Post 21720562)
So I had already booked seats 12A, 12B, 12H, 12J on the JFK-HNL route in late June, 2014. How can I tell if these are now Extra Comfort seats? If they are, does this mean I backed into these Extra Comfort seats without the additional cost? Or will they try and charge me at check-in?

Thanks!

You won't know until you get on the plane.

FullTimeFlyer Nov 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Rewards?

I don't see this on their rewards chart.

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawa...px#award-chart

Does anyone know whether they'll offer this for reward redemption?

FTF

JeremyG5 Jan 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT (Post 21720562)

Thanks!

I booked an award ticket and those seats aren't available. Is there any way to get those seats?

AnthonyGT Jan 18, 2014 7:47 am

Originally Posted by JeremyG5 (Post 22176001)
I booked an award ticket and those seats aren't available. Is there any way to get those seats?

I booked them several months ago, before they announced the new Extra Comfort seating. I'm not what you could other call and see what they tell you.

YouGoGlenCoco Jan 20, 2014 11:47 am

Originally Posted by JeremyG5 (Post 22176001)

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT (Post 22177373)
I booked them several months ago, before they announced the new Extra Comfort seating. I'm not what you could other call and see what they tell you.

12ABHJ are generally reserved for Elites and and HA Credit Card holders.

At the present, only 1 A330 is equipped with the Extra Comfort seating. So, unless you get N395HA, it's just going to be a regular Coach seat. If you get N395HA, you "luck" into them -- you didn't purchase the Extra Comfort product.

Extra Comfort doesn't start until August 2014.

AnthonyGT Jan 20, 2014 11:59 am

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCoco (Post 22188762)
12ABHJ are generally reserved for Elites and and HA Credit Card holders.

At the present, only 1 A330 is equipped with the Extra Comfort seating. So, unless you get N395HA, it's just going to be a regular Coach seat. If you get N395HA, you "luck" into them -- you didn't purchase the Extra Comfort product.

Extra Comfort doesn't start until August 2014.

I am a HA credit card holder so that explains that. Now I just have to hope we luck into N395HA! :-:

azj Jan 24, 2014 6:05 pm

I recently flew on aircraft 395, the firs tone with the new configuration. Extra Comfort looks to have generous room, especially row 11 which has amazing space. I'd gladly pay extra for this increased space, especially on the longer flights, the additional things that come with Extra Comfort appear to make it good value.