Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines introduces "Extra Comfort"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines introduces "Extra Comfort"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:19 pm
azj

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Do anyone know or have a photo about what is the comfort kit look like for economy comfort for international flights ? Is it something really basic like the SQ/KE Y kit ? Or is it like a C class kit on major airlines ?

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/serv...a-comfort.aspx

Experience our Extra Comfort seating and make your next travel experience more relaxing and comfortable. Extra Comfort seats include: Five or more inches of extra legroom

Priority security line*
Priority boarding
Personal electrical power outlet**
Complimentary “Unlimited TV & More” entertainment pack***
Pillow and blanket
Upgraded meal (For international main meal only, excluding Papeete)
Comfort kit (For international flight only, excluding Papeete)
I don't have any pictures, but the kit is a standard amenity kit and the same one given in Business class. It's nothing fancy or with a high end brand like Tumi or Bulgari but it's practical and is more refined than what the standard Economy passengers get. The kit is a blue bag that contains earphones with case, eye mask, ear plugs, lip balm, lotion, a pen and I think maybe a few more things that I can't remember.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by azj
I don't have any pictures, but the kit is a standard amenity kit and the same one given in Business class. It's nothing fancy or with a high end brand like Tumi or Bulgari but it's practical and is more refined than what the standard Economy passengers get. The kit is a blue bag that contains earphones with case, eye mask, ear plugs, lip balm, lotion, a pen and I think maybe a few more things that I can't remember.
Thanks, I was wondering as I saw a trip report on Anet for HNL-HND even in business class a year ago only have eyemask and toothbrush/paste set that's it.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/244677/

If anyone else has a photo on the actual kit would be appreciated. I am really big on collecting amenity kits, would fly on certain flights just to get one if it is something that I like but can't find it on ebay.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: HA Plat
Thanks, I was wondering as I saw a trip report on Anet for HNL-HND even in business class a year ago only have eyemask and toothbrush/paste set that's it.

If anyone else has a photo on the actual kit would be appreciated. I am really big on collecting amenity kits, would fly on certain flights just to get one if it is something that I like but can't find it on ebay.
Just looks like this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 18, 2014 at 7:20 am Reason: Fixed broken link
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:36 pm
azj

These amenity kits are new from August 2014 when Extra Comfort was launched. In Business class they still hand out slippers and usually have tooth brushes in the lav, along side facial mist and lotion.

Last edited by azj; Nov 19, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsasaki
Thank you.

It looks different but nice ! Is the oval shape thing in the bag the earphones case and I assume earbuds that you can keep ? What brands of skincare are they using ?

HA should put a photo up in their website of this kit as a selling point rather than just in writing. I think they can also sell this in the back of the bus too.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:08 pm
azj

Thank you.

It looks different but nice ! Is the oval shape thing in the bag the earphones case and I assume earbuds that you can keep ? What brands of skincare are they using ?

HA should put a photo up in their website of this kit as a selling point rather than just in writing. I think they can also sell this in the back of the bus too.
Yes, that's the headset. It's similar to what is on sale in standard Y, but comes in a nice case. The kit also includes a moist towelette and ear plugs, which I didn't mention before. The lotion and lip balm are non branded and just have the HAL logo and on the back "global inflight products." The lotion and face mist in the Business class restrooms are a local botanical brand however, that I can't remember at the moment. The USA website is being completely overhauled and relaunched in 2015, so hopefully the product descriptions will be more visual.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azj
Just curious, what standard economy passengers are getting on HA's int'l flights ?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:55 pm
azj

Just curious, what standard economy passengers are getting on HA's int'l flights ?
They get a little package with a eye mask, ear buds and ear plugs. It's sort of opaque/clear, has HAL branding and the same designs that are found on the cocktail napkins. This is distributed before takeoff, before or after the menu's.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:03 pm

Anyone know if row 34 has AC power?

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
I have 11 A&B, as well as 12 A&B for LAX to OGG in a few months. I've been flying HA for years, but am excited to try the EC seating!

Anyone have more pics? Am I the only one that loves the carpet that looks like wood?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:26 pm
azj

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
I have 11 A&B, as well as 12 A&B for LAX to OGG in a few months. I've been flying HA for years, but am excited to try the EC seating!

Anyone have more pics? Am I the only one that loves the carpet that looks like wood?
I love the carpet actually. It's not supposed to resemble wood, but ancient Hawaiian symbols that reflect the cabin concept "earth, ocean and sky."

Here's a review of the new cabin concept on the 330s, including pictures of each cabin. The headrests now sport the "Extra Comfort" logo instead of "reserved." The new 717 interiors will be of similar design:

http://thedesignair.net/2014/02/21/e...330-interiors/
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat 75k, CA Phoenix Gold
Reposted in Thread "Did Hawaiian raise prices for Economy Comfort".

Last edited by Alex909; Mar 20, 2015 at 8:01 pm Reason: Re-Posted
Old May 1, 2015, 1:42 pm

Extra Comfort(able) Seats?

I've read that the main cabin seats are quite uncomfortable-- are the EC seats better? The grandparents are going in August, and both have mild back issues. I'm hoping the seats are better than MC so they will be able to enjoy their flights.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cali-gal
I've read that the main cabin seats are quite uncomfortable-- are the EC seats better? The grandparents are going in August, and both have mild back issues. I'm hoping the seats are better than MC so they will be able to enjoy their flights.
The EC and MC seats are exactly the same (other than the space between them, obviously). That said, I am 6'2, with back problems, and I have never considered the seats uncomfortable. My family and I have flown from the west coast on HA many times on the A330, and its never been an issue for any of us.

I'm surprised to read so many posts about the seats. Personally, I wouldn't let it worry you...
Old May 4, 2015, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
The EC and MC seats are exactly the same (other than the space between them, obviously). That said, I am 6'2, with back problems, and I have never considered the seats uncomfortable. My family and I have flown from the west coast on HA many times on the A330, and its never been an issue for any of us.

I'm surprised to read so many posts about the seats. Personally, I wouldn't let it worry you...
Thank you, that's reassuring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.