Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines introduces "Extra Comfort"

Hawaiian Airlines introduces "Extra Comfort"

Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by russmeyergirl
So is this new row 11 without a bulkhead running SYD/HNL? Flying it next Friday - dreading Economy but hoping it is this new product. Also has anyone been buying day of upgrades lately?
All of the A330s have been converted to include Extra Comfort in Rows 11-14 + 34.

Day-of-departure buy-ups to Extra Comfort have been hit-or-miss for me...some flights have had a couple seats available for purchase, others were already sold out at check-in.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: VA Gold, United Premier Gold, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by asu-ua772
All of the A330s have been converted to include Extra Comfort in Rows 11-14 + 34.

Day-of-departure buy-ups to Extra Comfort have been hit-or-miss for me...some flights have had a couple seats available for purchase, others were already sold out at check-in.
Thanks that gives some extra comfort

I was wondering too about upgrades to J/biz - I have seen them for $500 but no in the last few years.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:52 pm

I was wondering too about upgrades to J/biz - I have seen them for $500 but no in the last few years.
I believe it's $650 now, depending on peak/off peak.

Good luck getting them on the day of. Australia flights tend to sell out quick for J/EC upgrades.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Can anyone report on what the "upgraded" meals are like in Comfort Plus on international flights such as HNL-SYD?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: HA PUALANI GOLD
Originally Posted by rubbernyc
I would imagine not, since the seats come with a few features such as the entertainment, blanket/pillow kit and premium meals. This is not like UA or the others which only offer more legroom.

Hopefully elites will get a discounted rate.
no I just tried for my return from Las Vegas they said elites do not get a discounted rate
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by daveinsf
Can anyone report on what the "upgraded" meals are like in Comfort Plus on international flights such as HNL-SYD?

I was told by a Flight Attendant that this is the upgraded meal for international flights departing HNL.

This was a black bean chicken with choy sum and carrots and rice. Guava cheesecake. Not bad. Ceramic, no plastic. Also linen napkin, not paper.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCoco
http://i59.tinypic.com/v65jpl.jpg

I was told by a Flight Attendant that this is the upgraded meal for international flights departing HNL.

This was a black bean chicken with choy sum and carrots and rice. Guava cheesecake. Not bad. Ceramic, no plastic. Also linen napkin, not paper.
Couldn't ask for a better answer!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 19, 2014 at 4:49 am Reason: image removal
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCoco
http://i59.tinypic.com/v65jpl.jpg

Thanks! I hate to think what the non-upgraded meal looks like

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 19, 2014 at 4:49 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:22 am

Hastily shot image of 11 C, quite a lot of legroom...

Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:03 am

-----

Last edited by ROCAT; Mar 29, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by daveinsf
I flew this return trip this week. Let me first say the service is very good, friendly and efficient as always. The food though was awful though. Only chicken and my chicken in both directions was very questionable and fatty - yuck! The snackbox was dire and overall it was an insufficient amount of food for the flight. Overall it is not better than a standard Y meal so don't get excited.

I recommend you pack your own food.

So feedback:

Upgrades were available at the time of check in for the return flight only. $775.

We sat in Row 11 which was great now there is no bulkhead BUT the middle aisle seats are staggered with the C cabin portion and you will be bumped by the cart and passengers for the entire flight so while unlimited legroom in those seats you are sharing it with the aisle.

Overall though row 11 is definitely worth the extra cost. I had a look at row 12 and 13 and can't say I would recommend those - still very cramped.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 30, 2015 at 5:37 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: Thai
36" of pitch in rows 12 and 13 is not really "Cramped" when compared to the rest of economy.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:16 pm

À chacun son goût...
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Had a couple of flights with Economy Comfort available. First flight was in row 11 on the aisle seat in the middle set of 4. Quite roomy and did not suffer any problem with being hit by the cart.

Second flight was in row 13 and it provided sufficient space. However would not choose that row again due to the vicinity of the galley/restrooms. Had to endure a 5 hour flight with a big mouth flapping his gums for every possible minutes bragging and full volume. I ended up asking him to tone it down as I was sick of his potty mouth and continual big noting of himself. Can't understand why the crew allowed him to stand there blocking the restroom entry way the entire flight.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Do anyone know or have a photo about what is the comfort kit look like for economy comfort for international flights ? Is it something really basic like the SQ/KE Y kit ? Or is it like a C class kit on major airlines ?

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/serv...a-comfort.aspx

Experience our Extra Comfort seating and make your next travel experience more relaxing and comfortable. Extra Comfort seats include: Five or more inches of extra legroom

Priority security line*
Priority boarding
Personal electrical power outlet**
Complimentary “Unlimited TV & More” entertainment pack***
Pillow and blanket
Upgraded meal (For international main meal only, excluding Papeete)
Comfort kit (For international flight only, excluding Papeete)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.