Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Mokulele Express makes emergency landing

Old Oct 22, 13, 7:06 am
Original Poster

From StarAdvertiser

A Moklele Express plane with 10 people on board made an emergency landing on Piilani Highway in Kihei Monday evening.....The 10 people on board -- two pilots and eight passengers -- were uninjured.

Incorrect spelling courtesy SA...
Old Oct 22, 13, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS Silver
Excellent job by the crew getting it down safely with no apparent injuries, this could have ended very badly. Now we have to wait to see what the cause was.

On a lighter less serious note - it could be a good marketing angle for Mokulele Airlines, personalised drop offs.

If I ask nicely do you think the crew will stop off on Kamehameha V Highway around the 20 mile marker on my upcoming flight with them from Honolulu to Molokai to save the drive from the airport?
Old Oct 23, 13, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA,DL,WN
there's an article on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/23/us/haw...ss_mostpopular

The morons at CNN actually quoted a passenger as saying "we were landing at two or three times the normal landing speed".... no I don't think so. Facts, smfacts, they report whatever people say as "news"... btw there is no way that plane landed at 300 knots, not possible.
Old Oct 23, 13, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I saw the plane while driving on the highway yesterday and had to do a double take. It's odd to see any aircraft where it's not supposed to be. There were also several people looking at it. I don't know that the "DO NOT CROSS" police tape surrounding the plane was very effective...
Old Oct 27, 13, 8:45 pm

Programs: Expedia All Your Booking Channels Are Belong To Us Club
Hero Pilots Land On Maui Street After Nighttime Engine Failure

Mokuele Airlines executives praised the pilots of its Flight 1770, a single-engine Cessna 208B with 2 crew and 8 pax on board, which landed safely on Pi'ilani Highway in Wailea, Maui Oct. 21 after suddenly losing power at night enroute from OGG to the Big Island.

Passengers recounted telephoning loved ones as the crew pitched the nose down to gather glide speed.

Last edited by mbstone; Oct 27, 13 at 8:52 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: