Hawaiian Airlines flight change

Old Jul 24, 13, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN DL SPG HGP HH
Hawaiian Airlines flight change

Need advice from HA experts. I have 4 award flights booked from LAS to LIH on oct 18. Flight time of the LAS to HNL segment was changed a couple weeks ago such that there was on 11 minutes between arrival and departure of next segment. Get a call tonight that they are changing me to an earlier flight on oct 18. Am I entitled to any compensation/points/perks? Was planning to spend the day in Vegas and now I will only be spending the night.
Would appreciate any advice or suggestions
Old Jul 24, 13, 11:46 pm

Your dates seem incorrect. If in fact they changed you to a next day flight, you may plead for a refund, and then book with some other carrier. Gross schedule changes normally provide enough reason for such requests.
Old Jul 25, 13, 4:35 am
Original Poster

It was late when they called me and late when I posted.
I was booked on a 5:40p -10:23p LAS - LIH on 10/18 The 5:40 flight was changed to 6:40p making the connection only 11 minutes and there were no later flights that day.
So they changed me to a 10/18 flight that leaves @ 9:00am. Eight and one half hours earlier.
I arrive in Vegas on 10/17 at 9pm and planned to spend the day in Vegas before the 5:40p flight
Old Jul 25, 13, 10:27 am

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Why don't you stay another night in LAS and leave the next day? Schedule changes are part of the airline business. Generally, you are entitled to change your flight times and/or get a full refund. That is pretty much it.
Old Jul 25, 13, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

I thought this was the case. But my familiarity with airlines outside of southwest is limited. I just wanted to make sure I was not leaving anything on the table

Thanks for your help
Old Jul 25, 13, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
There's always the option of flying the westbound redeye from Vegas...the flight leaves LAS at 1:55am on 10/19, so you'd be able to spend a day in Vegas as you'd like, but not necessarily have to shell out money for a second night's hotel room.

But yeah, it's either a free flight change or a refund for you.

Search this Thread