AMEX 20% Transfer Bonus!

Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HawaiianMiles
AMEX 20% Transfer Bonus!

I don't know if everyone knows, but I just found out that AMEX/Hawaiian Airlines is running a transfer bonus of 20%! I was told that the promotion runs for another week or so.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I generate and spend quite a few HA miles from flying, and I like the program well enough for that. Miles are easy to use, particularly in coach. But they're just not worth a whole lot. You can get to 2-3 cents/mile by saving up a ton of them and spending on international business class, but 1.25 - 1.5 is more realistic. Even with a 20% bonus, that's not a great value for MR. If you're trying to top up for an award or clean out a balance before closing an account, it's not bad, but it's not enough to justify transferring points on spec IMO.

Edited to add: if coach travel to Hawaii is what you want to use your points for, go for it! Hawaiian's planes are comfortable (especially the Airbii), their crews are generally nice, and it's about as pleasant as five hours in coach generally gets.

Last edited by WrightHI; Jun 19, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.