Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines Toolbar" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines Toolbar" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium
Works for me

I did it recently to my uncle's account. Did 15 searches and got 5 miles in 7 to 10 days. I'd start doing it at least two weeks before miles are about expire just to be safe.

HA posts their toolbar miles weekly on Wednesday at 8 PM Hawaii time.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:34 pm

Yup, looks like I got my 4 miles last Wednesday which extended my account for another 18 months

I wish every program did this.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Is there anyone out these who does this regularly enough to get 1000 miles each month?

I've been earning through the toolbar since earlier this year and have earned about 5000 miles through it; and it's been quite an undertaking!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium
Toolbar not working

I am having issue with HA Toolbar. On Firefox 36, I have the toolbar, but the search box is not visible. On Internet Explorer 11, I can search, but the search count never goes up, so no miles awarded.

Tried two computer with same result. Very frustrated . Does anyone having same issue.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by delayflight
I am having issue with HA Toolbar. On Firefox 36, I have the toolbar, but the search box is not visible. On Internet Explorer 11, I can search, but the search count never goes up, so no miles awarded.

Tried two computer with same result. Very frustrated . Does anyone having same issue.
@delayflight The toolbar isn't working for me either as of two days ago on Firefox or Google Chrome. Anyone know if this is intentional on the part of HA?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:58 pm
aTV

About HA Tool bar not working. I was using FireFox as a browser on a MAC and it got automatic updates and I also saw the search bar disappear, so I searched for an older version of Firefox- version 34 and downloaded the HA tool bar again and it all started working again. That was around 2/28

However, as of today 3/4 - every time I attempt to search I keep getting a message that the search is not valid. The counter is not increasing at all. I know it is not the browser because my sister can log into her account on the same computer and collect her search points. Any ideas? Is HA smart enough to put a block on my account for some reason? I have also tried logging in using another computer using IE and experience the exact same issues. Also, my sister can log into her account on this windows PC using IE and her account is working.

Also - has anyone tried signing up for Mogl to collect HA points at 40 points per $1? I have collected up to $20 in cash in Dec and they have still not posted to my account. Just FYI - not sure if I trust them

Last edited by aTV; Mar 4, 2015 at 11:11 pm
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: Hilton gold, WN A-List
Having same problem-counter frozen and not earning for searches. I uninstalled on Firefox and reinstalled. Only the "book a flight" icon showed. I went into tools and changed to defaults and now everything but the counter shows. I installed on IE and it works fine. But I do not like to use IE.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:24 pm

My HA toolbar is not working either. I don't think it even reset from last month to this month.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:47 pm

Is it working with new accounts? I'd try, but I'm on the road right now. Perhaps someone make a new account and give it a shot? At least then we can start to isolate if its a problem with the whole network or just with specific accounts.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
Is it working with new accounts? I'd try, but I'm on the road right now. Perhaps someone make a new account and give it a shot? At least then we can start to isolate if its a problem with the whole network or just with specific accounts.
I had awardwallet notification my HA miles were expiring in a month or so. I installed the toolbar today (chrome extension version) and it has been working for the first few hours so far. I will update if it quits working.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by aTV
Also - has anyone tried signing up for Mogl to collect HA points at 40 points per $1? I have collected up to $20 in cash in Dec and they have still not posted to my account. Just FYI - not sure if I trust them
I've had decent success with Mogl but for cashback not miles. A couple of times I had to send in a copy of my receipt after the purchase didn't post. I also had my pending cutback balance drop once so I had to contact them; I suggest keeping the notification emails so you can keep track of what your balance should be.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:32 pm

I've been using the tool bar to the tune of 10,000 miles. When the invalid search message appears it is in my experience, caused by not clicking on the search results. I would do my 99 daily searches in about 15 minutes, then one day the invalid search message came up. I was locked out for three days, then good to go again. Now I click on some of the results and the process takes about 45 minutes a day but all the searches are valid. Try clicking on some of the results and see if things change for you.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Anyone had this problem?

We (both my wife and I) have kept plugging away at the toolbar - haven't checked this thread in a long time but see others have had some snags. In reply to those, I'd add that we too click on a fair number of searches (typically - I do it every third, for the one that comes up with a mile) and haven't been locked out. On the down side, for no obvious reason my IE toolbar just kept disappearing a while ago. I've switched to Chrome, which runs much more slowly. Firefox mostly keeps working well though I too had the problem where it didn't work for a few days after a Firefox update.

We've hit a new snag and am wondering if anyone else. Yesterday AM I did a few searches in the AM, as did Mrs. FTF. In the afternoon we got the "click to refresh mileage balance" on all browsers and it never went away no matter how often we clicked, etc.

Today I checked and everything was back to normal - yay. But this afternoon everything is back to "click to refresh mileage balance," and nothing seems to be working. We are still signed in - because it still has the "Aloha FTF" and Aloha Mrs. FTF."

Anyone else have this? Anyone have any answers on it? I've closed and reopened the browsers which sometimes resets them with no luck.

FTF
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:14 pm

I was getting the same thing, click to refresh on Firefox and nothing on IE. Just tried again and at least the counter works now but the box that comes up and says you have earned an Hawaiian Mile now gives me a 503 Service Unavailable error message. This is with Firefox. With IE there is nothing in the lower right hand corner. With both browsers the miles are now counted though. Must be a problem with Yahoo.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Yup - ours came up again late last night too, and the mile counter worked, but not the little pop-up that says when you've earned it. Then this morning everything was back to working like normal. Glad we're back on the earning path...we're at just shy of 20K each and gunning for a ticket.

Flaky computers! Good thing they don't run everything in our society. Oh, wait...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.