Wiki Posts
Search

BOA Hawaiian $15 gift card offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
BOA Hawaiian $15 gift card offer

This might be targeted, so YMMV. Received a letter in the mail today. Earn a $15 gift card from Target, or Starbucks, or Best Buy. Sign up at http://www.bankofamerica.com/easyrewards. You will need a registration code that was printed in the letter. However if you click on "Don't have one" link, you might get a registration code based on your last name and last 4 digits of your CC. You need to then need to set a recurring payment of a telecom(4812-4815), internet(4816), cable/satellite(4899), or insurance(5960,6300) bill. One payment must post by March 31 to earn the gift card.

I pay these bills all the time with CCs to meet minimum spend or get points. How would BOA actually know if I truly set up a recurring payment, or simply did a one time payment to BOA Hawaiian? I am guessing they can't tell the difference.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
You could do a recurring payment for a small amount, and still cancel it after 1 or 2 payments.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Netflix is perfect for this offer!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
Netflix is perfect for this offer!
Except the merchant category code for Netflix is 5968, which won't work for this offer.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
I'm betting I could schedule a payment to either my cellphone or insurance company this month and next month. I figure two payments from the same company within the qualified category would have the appearance of a recurring payment.

Update: This is indeed targeted. I attempted to do this with my BoA Hawaiian card and after entering my last name, last 4 of card and zipcode I received the error 'record not found'. Oh well, it was worth a try

Last edited by texasguy77; Feb 10, 2013 at 8:44 am Reason: updated post
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to Hawaii-based Airlines forum where there is the highest concentration of eligible cardholders.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: aa
i will try to pay netflix with this thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Originally Posted by alben
Except the merchant category code for Netflix is 5968, which won't work for this offer.
Thanks!! I just saw your excellent observation. . . just in time to make an eligible payment!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:50 am

As a point of reference I made one payment to AT&T on 1/29. I received my gift card last week.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
I dont understand.

I logged into BOFA website, Did BIll payment option. Added AT&T but it will only allow me to do a Bill pay debiting my checking account, not my credit card.

Do they mean, I just have to pay a bill using my BOFA card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.