A380 at HNL as part of an event with HA

Old Dec 14, 12, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
A380 at HNL as part of an event with HA

Landing at HNL on 12/11, we saw an Airbus A380 with that designation on the TAIL AND on the limited amount of what we could see of the back part of the fuselage.
Shirley Airbus doesn't need to fly A380s around simpy to advertise their existence---or does anyone know of a carrier that plasters "A380" on their equipment to the exclusion of the carrier name?
Shirley?
Old Dec 14, 12, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The A380 that visited HNL was the demo bird. It came out for an event with HA.

http://hnlrarebirds.blogspot.com/201...isits-hnl.html
Old Dec 14, 12, 7:18 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Plat w/Lifetime Gold, Hilton LT ♢, National Exec, Sixt Plat
I was on the islands this week, and happened to have the local 10PM news on in our room one night...It was a big story. Nice to go to a place where the 'big story' is a giant airplane at HNL (although we were on Maui).

Not sure if they were showing stock video or the actual 380 there, but the interior shots showed a very unfinished plane--mostly unfinished walls and extra tanks inside what would be the cabin.

It was all mostly a fluff piece. They even went on to say that HA isn't considering the A380 at this time.
Old Dec 14, 12, 8:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Please follow this in the Hawaiian Airlines forum.

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Dec 16, 12, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As someone posted somewhere else- it did touch & go's in KOA

http://www.pbase.com/heinsite/image/147805086

There's a cool beach I'd of loved to seen this from... (probably would have scared the *#&#*$ out of me) - but a week and a half early...alas.

Search this Thread