Hawaiian at Fort Lauderdale?!?

Old Sep 15, 12, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Location: Washington, DC/Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica - Los Suenos Resort - Playa Herradura
Programs: Delta Plat/SPG Plat
Hawaiian at Fort Lauderdale?!?

Anyone have any idea why a Hawaiian 767 would be parked at Fort Lauderdale this morning around 9 AM? Did a double take from 595 as I zippped by!

Last edited by sonofapilotman; Sep 15, 12 at 1:42 pm Reason: my poor Ole Miss education!
Old Sep 15, 12, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sonofapilotman View Post
Anyone have any idea why a Hawaiian 767 would be parked at Fort Lauderdale this morning around 9 AM? Did a double take from 595 as I zippped by!
Not related to SkyMiles though. Hawaiian is a partner with JetBlue as well as their own rewards program.

Last edited by adamj023; Sep 15, 12 at 2:05 pm
Old Sep 15, 12, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Oakland Raiders charter plane
Old Sep 15, 12, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DanMan1120 View Post
Oakland Raiders charter plane
Could have been a Charter too. Forgot about those but the 767's are being phased out by Hawaiian and so those will appear at other airports when their leases are up or buyers are found as they get to their receiving locations.

Charters will indeed wind up at other airports since they can be chartered to any airport pair and can be done under multiple airlines.

Last edited by adamj023; Sep 15, 12 at 2:04 pm
Old Sep 15, 12, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Yes, it is. They are at DL terminal 2. It is gate D8. I think they phase out the 767 from the fleet. Could DL re-acquiring 767-300ER aircraft.
It could very well be a charter. Makes sense. I don't know if Delta needs more 767-300ER's or not. There were rumors awhile back Delta would acquire more 767-300ER's but it never materialized.
Old Sep 15, 12, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by adamj023 View Post
It could very well be a charter. Makes sense. I don't know if Delta needs more 767-300ER's or not. There were rumors awhile back Delta would acquire more 767-300ER's but it never materialized.
Actually, it was Oakland Raiders. That's why they just came in FLL this morning. They're playing for Miami Dolphins tomorrow. I just got email from my friend at DL in FLL. He told me that was for Oakland Raiders who will play for Miami Dolphins.
Old Sep 15, 12, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

The new home for this discussion is now the Hawaii-based Airlines forum.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum
Old Sep 16, 12, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Found the flight tracker on HA FLT#934. They just left from OAK at 2:30pm and arrived in FLL before 11pm.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/H...130Z/KOAK/KFLL

That was yesterday flight but, not today. I think they still at the gate. When they will leave from FLL by tomorrow evening when the game is over. They will put back on revenue route by Monday morning.
Old Sep 16, 12, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Location: Washington, DC/Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica - Los Suenos Resort - Playa Herradura
Programs: Delta Plat/SPG Plat
Skycab today told me that the Raiders are the only team he knows that parks a plane for three days for the game. Buses pick the team/staff up on the tarmac and they are screened at the stadium on the way back. The buses are considered "sterile" so no stops allowed until they get to the plane for the return trip to OAK. Gotta love Al Davis (rip) and now Mrs. Davis....even if I dislike their team! I ll defer to the learned Carnasie but still think this is more of interest to us Delta rats than the Hawaiian ones!
Old Sep 16, 12, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I ll defer to the learned Carnasie but still think this is more of interest to us Delta rats than the Hawaiian ones!
I left a “re-direct” to this discussion in the Delta SkyMiles forum that will last for one month, so this discussion will still be visible in that forum...

...and if someone from the Delta SkyMiles forum wants to participate in this discussion, all that person has to do is simply click on the “re-direct” there within the next month.

Just trying to help, that’s all...
Old Sep 16, 12, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Took this yesterday afternoon at FLL.

Old Sep 17, 12, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! Looking good. Thanks my friend. I am already informed to DL friend at FLL and he told me it was Oakland Raiders. This is only for the charter flight. They still at the gate in a few days. They will return back to OAK right after the game is over.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 17, 12 at 8:30 am Reason: Removed "quote" of photo for sake of those on low-bandwidth

Search this Thread