Hawaiian Pualani Baggage Fees?

Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Platinum, UA 1K, CO
Hawaiian Pualani Baggage Fees?

Yesterday (9-3-12) while checking into an inter-island flight from using my Pualani member log-in, the website wanted to charge me $17 for checking in one bag. I called reservations and was told there was a known problem just check it in at the airport, show your Pualani card and I should not need to pay. I used the Kiosh at the airport and it wanted to charge me. I waited in line at the Pualani check-in desk and when I got to the agent, he indicated the system did not reconize me as a Pualani Member. After showing my card, he waved the fee. When I log into the website, it shows the proper status but when you check-in to a flight, it no longer retains your status. I heard other travelers both at the check in-line and at the Pualani Club indicated they are having the same problem. Hopefully HA IT folks can resolve this issue as it is creates extra steps for the travelers and agents.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: HA, UA, DL, HHonors, Hyatt, Chase
I had a similar experience. when I checking in on 9/3 at OGG it did not show my gold status on my ticket, which normally shows. I didn't check any luggage, so I don't know if it would have charged me if I did. When checking in on 9/1 at HNL it displayed my status properly.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: HA PUALANI GOLD
i had the same problem on 9/4 did not show the gold status on the ticket.
on 8/24 it showed the gold status the lady at the pualani club said that she had seen the status missing on a lot of tickets. and also to check to make sure your miles get posted.
also some asked if the head set were still free they are not free now. i think they said you can buy them for $2.00 i always use my bose head set.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: HA premier club, Platinum Amex, DL SM and reserve, United Mileage Plus Club
I had the same problem as a premier club member, I was told to see the check in counter at the AP. I showed my PC card and they waived the fee. Annoying but it still gets done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.