FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Buy on Board on Breakfast Flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1368194-buy-board-breakfast-flight.html)

formeraa Jul 19, 2012 11:22 am

Buy on Board on Breakfast Flight

I will be flying from PHX to HNL on a Breakfast flight. Does anyone have recent experience with the Buy on Board option on a Breakfast flight? The HA website only mentions BOB menu options that sound like lunch/dinner (cheeseburger and chicken caesar salad). Mahalo in advance!

Windward Side of Life Jul 23, 2012 2:41 pm

That's exactly what it'll be: a cheeseburger or chicken caesar salad. Agreed that it's not very breakfast-y.

formeraa Jul 23, 2012 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life (Post 18987537)
That's exactly what it'll be: a cheeseburger or chicken caesar salad. Agreed that it's not very breakfast-y.

Hmm, very strange selection given the 8am departure time out of PHX. The free breakfast wrap and muffin sound much more appetizing. I wonder why they don't do a granola cereal/fruit plate or a breakfast skillet-type option.

Windward Side of Life Jul 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 18990102)
Hmm, very strange selection given the 8am departure time out of PHX. The free breakfast wrap and muffin sound much more appetizing. I wonder why they don't do a granola cereal/fruit plate or a breakfast skillet-type option.

I don't care too much for the free breakfast wrap that they now offer, I thought the breakfast burrito that they used to have was much better.

The meal service isn't till a few hours into the flight, maybe almost 11AM PHX local time? At that point the cheeseburger starts to sound more reasonable.

formeraa Jul 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life (Post 18993893)
I don't care too much for the free breakfast wrap that they now offer, I thought the breakfast burrito that they used to have was much better.

The meal service isn't till a few hours into the flight, maybe almost 11AM PHX local time? At that point the cheeseburger starts to sound more reasonable.

Thanks for letting me know. If they don't serve the food until later in the flight, then a cheeseburger does sound better!

azj Jul 26, 2012 2:13 pm

The way the service flow goes like this: First carts will have made in Hawaii "cinema snacks", DiGi players and headsets for sale. The second cart will be a complementary beverage service including the "pau hana" snack mix. Next, the cart with the free food as well as upgraded buy on board food will come through and finally a coffee/tea service. Based on that normal flow, food does indeed come about 2 hours into the flight. My suggestion is to eat breakfast in the airport and you'll be ready for lunch when the food comes around. Enjoy your flight.

formeraa Jul 27, 2012 12:36 am

Originally Posted by azj (Post 19007631)
The way the service flow goes like this: First carts will have made in Hawaii "cinema snacks", DiGi players and headsets for sale. The second cart will be a complementary beverage service including the "pau hana" snack mix. Next, the cart with the free food as well as upgraded buy on board food will come through and finally a coffee/tea service. Based on that normal flow, food does indeed come about 2 hours into the flight. My suggestion is to eat breakfast in the airport and you'll be ready for lunch when the food comes around. Enjoy your flight.

Thanks for the detail! The flight is scheduled for 6.5 hours, so there's really no rush. I will just make sure to have a bagel or pastry at the airport before the flight.