Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by blakemsf
I received both cards last fall and paid the AF and meet spend and received the bonuses and transferred those to HH. I did some searches but could not find exactly what I am looking for.

I see people are canceling these cards or planning on it. Has anyone downgraded or converted these cards to something else? If so what cards could you convert them too? Any BoA card? How about the BoH? I already have the BoA Cash Rewards (Oldest in my history at 11 years)

Thanks
I'd have preferred to change my boa card to the AAA card but they couldn't change it to an affiliate card. I changed it to their boa travel card. 1.5% rewards, no FT. It would become a secondary card for foreign travel.

Haven't called boh yet but I have read somewhere that they don't offer any good options.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I'd have preferred to change my boa card to the AAA card but they couldn't change it to an affiliate card. I changed it to their boa travel card. 1.5% rewards, no FT. It would become a secondary card for foreign travel.

Haven't called boh yet but I have read somewhere that they don't offer any good options.
Thanks for the info, I also thought about changing it to the AAA card or Bass Pro Shop one but looks like maybe the boa travel would be ok.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:45 pm

Keep Platinum?

I applied for both the BOH and BOA cards and unfortunately got approved for platinum on both. I haven’t activated them yet, so I was wondering if I should just cancel these cards or activate them? According to Card Services at Hawaiian Airlines, I need to activate the cards and wait six months before I can apply for the Signature again. But this would mean another credit inquiry ...

By the way, Platinum only offers 10,000 miles. Boo.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:23 am

I just did this myself and when I got to the BOH cards the same thing happened. I was able to call and get some information though and work with the analyst to get the higher level cards on both for me and someone else (4 cards in total)

Best advice is to call and ask them to explain what can be done and why you only got the plat card. One thing that surprised me was that the banks have little to do with these cards and FIA card services handles everything. If you have other cards though different banks, you may not realize it but FIA handles them too. That was the case for me and I just had them close and reconfigure limits on other cards that I was surprised they were the backers of.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:19 am

Few days back I applied for BofA Virgin Atlantic (Instant approval) and BofH Hawaii Airline (Recon - citing multiple applications, spoke and was later approved). How long should I wait to apply for BofA Hawaiian miles card?
Old May 6, 2013, 11:56 am

I read back a few pages so not sure if I am the first to have this problem...been waiting to apply for my next churn (which I planned on doing today) and when I click on the BoA link I get this notice:

We're sorry, but this offer is not currently available online. To apply, please call us at 1.800.932.2775, or close this window to view our full list of cards.

Before I call wanted to check if anyone had any advice?

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by saacman5033
Whoops missed this!
Old May 10, 2013, 11:26 am

The BoA link doesn't work anymore.

I went through the Hawaiian Airlines links directly and filled out an app that showed a picture of the BofA card and an app that showed a picture of the BoH card and ended up double applying to the BoH card. The second app got rejected of course, but there was only 1 hard inquiry.

But you can call BofA directly and still get the card after applying to the BoH card.
Old May 15, 2013, 1:23 pm

Got pending review on both BOH and BOA cards applying today. Called recon, was told was for multiple inquiries. Asked why I had the inquiries and why I wanted the cards, then approved for both Visa Signatures. Told them I wanted to go to Hawaii lol. Annual fee $79 not waived for either card.
Old May 19, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
no prob

Easy approval for BofA Visa Signature today, 35K. Lots of local businesses in bonus points "Xtramiles", so will use while there and for interisland flights, visiting more frequently lately!
Old May 20, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
[QUOTE=kirkwoodj;20777869]Easy approval for BofA Visa Signature today, ...[QUOTE]

Is this the first time you've had this card or part of a churn?
Old May 20, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
[QUOTE=atanac;20780543][QUOTE=kirkwoodj;20777869]Easy approval for BofA Visa Signature today, ...

Is this the first time you've had this card or part of a churn?
First time, likely why so easy...
Old May 21, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by dam13n
The BoA link doesn't work anymore.

I went through the Hawaiian Airlines links directly and filled out an app that showed a picture of the BofA card and an app that showed a picture of the BoH card and ended up double applying to the BoH card. The second app got rejected of course, but there was only 1 hard inquiry.

But you can call BofA directly and still get the card after applying to the BoH card.
That's because you probably pulled up 2 apps at the same time. The cookies will submit it as the most recently accessed app. Same thing happened to me, but vice versa. I pulled up both apps and tried submitting them back to back. They both had the BofA confirmation page. I reopened the BoH app and submitted that to get the BoH confirmation page.
Old May 22, 2013, 7:57 am

Just posting a data point here: I called to cancel my BoA Signature card today that I got approved for last July and was offered no incentive to stay other than the rep repeating the current benefits of the card. They tried to offer me the business version of the card but I don't want to take on another AP at this time. Whole process took me a little over seven minutes.
Old May 28, 2013, 6:02 am

How long after you get approved for the card is the 50% off companion fare available to be used? (IE after you get the card, after the first statement closes.. etc?)

I have a friend that wants to apply for this card and redeem for travel at the beginning of august.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.