Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Originally Posted by muji
They told me the same thing when I canceled my card a few months ago. What they are stating is untrue. Cannot understand why they are making this claim. No miles get forfeited.
i just cancelled my bank of america card and nothing mentioned about miles forfeited.i will be cancelling my hawaiian bank card in a week
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
i just cancelled my bank of america card and nothing mentioned about miles forfeited.i will be cancelling my hawaiian bank card in a week
I just cancelled both of mine and they told me I'd lose the miles in 1 year. Whatever. They also told me I'd be getting 2000 Hawaiian miles as an anniversary bonus for keeping the card and that was the equivalent of $2000! I was like... yeah.. let's definitely cancel it.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:06 am

How long did you wait after getting miles to cancel?

I just hit spending on the first of my 2 cards and wondering how long I should wait. (Also how long until points post?)
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by thebill0322
How long did you wait after getting miles to cancel?

I just hit spending on the first of my 2 cards and wondering how long I should wait. (Also how long until points post?)
I had them for 11 months. I can't remember how long it took them to post, but it couldn't have been too long.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
What?

Originally Posted by booyaa
Not true for me.
What's not true? Were miles taken from you that were in your account?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:36 am

Question to those who are closing the BoA and/or BoH accounts. Are you closing to get ready for another round of churning? Or is it because you opened this about a year ago and want to avoid paying the annual fee?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Originally Posted by awkmaster
Question to those who are closing the BoA and/or BoH accounts. Are you closing to get ready for another round of churning? Or is it because you opened this about a year ago and want to avoid paying the annual fee?
yes that s what i plan to do wait a for 7 to 9 months and re apply
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
FWIW, I recently got my second BoA version, with the first coming in April of last year. I've also got a BoH version as well. No instant approval, but went through fine about a week after application.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:26 pm

Just applied for both cards.

Instantly approved for BofH with a limit of $900. Does this mean I got the Platinum card, or just a low limit card with a 35k bonus?

BofA said they'd mail me a decision within 30 days.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by mburns813
Just applied for both cards.

Instantly approved for BofH with a limit of $900. Does this mean I got the Platinum card, or just a low limit card with a 35k bonus?

BofA said they'd mail me a decision within 30 days.
Visa signatures have a minimum limit of $5000. If you got a $900 limit that means the lowly platinum with 10K bonus.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:05 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
oh yeah, and when i canceled my cards because i only got 10k each the rep mentioned at least twice that i should re apply in 6 months or so to try and qualify for the bigger reward.

she also said that the 10k miles (for each card) are mine to keep... was very surprised when she actually said that since it appears the terms say they take them away (but we know that isnt the case)
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:31 pm

is there an application status website check for these cards? Applied, think got approved for 1, other one might be in limbo.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Visa signatures have a minimum limit of $5000. If you got a $900 limit that means the lowly platinum with 10K bonus.
Well the BA Visa Signature card I received in December only has a 3200 limit, but I agree I probably got the Platinum one.

So when I get it, I meet the minimum requirement, get the bonus, call and demand the fee back because it wasn't the card I want, and then cancel in like 6 months, or cancel right then?

Edit:
Directly from the T&C: "if your application is approved with a credit line of $5,000 or greater, you will receive a Visa SignatureŽ account; if the credit line is less than $5,000, you will receive a Platinum account."

Oh well, I'll take the 20k HH points, should have just applied for the Citi card then.

Last edited by mburns813; Feb 3, 2013 at 12:58 pm
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
is there an application status website check for these cards?
Try calling 877-721-9405 (choose option 3).
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:03 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
they refunded my year fee for the boh/boa card when i called to cancel since i didnt qualify for the 35k promo

cancel, why wait 6 months?? dont even know if they let you keep the card after reimbursing the fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.