Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by mgchan
Or, if you're uh, tired of looking through all those affiliate links, you can go on the hawaiianmiles page, click on "Earn Miles" on the left side bar, then "Learn More" under the "Earn Miles with any visa purchase", and say you're a non-Hawaii resident
Except that the Hawaiian Airlines cards aren't affiliate links.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
Except that the Hawaiian Airlines cards aren't affiliate links.
It's nothing personal, but I wrote "looking through" a lot of links, not "looking for" or "clicking through". If all the links for credit cards associated with airlines starting with the letters A through G, and the several up and down and on both sides of the home page and the airline page, are all non-affiliate links, I apologize.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OSUPoke2007
The problem is, a lot of people, including myself, started accumulating the bonuses with expectations that we would be able to use the miles on Delta. That apparently is a near impossibility. Combine that with the devaluation from Virgin Atlantic, the high cost of awards on ANA and Korean, and partner awards are difficult to use.

It seems like the best options for the miles right now are Hilton points or flights on Hawaiian.
Yeah, my wife and I kind of got stuck with these HA miles because we each got the 2 cards in order to get anywhere-in-the-world coach tickets on Virgin Atlantic. Right before we were about to get our tickets issued, they pulled the award.

Since I don't have a better option to use the miles (I don't really need them for tickets to Hawaii), I'm planning on transferring them to HHonors. Not the best deal in the world -- and certainly nowhere near as much value as the Virign ticket I was supposed to be able to get -- but not the end of the world. That said, I don't think I'd bother with this card again. I understand that it might be churnable, but I recall that I had to pay the annual fee. Not attractive enough just to get relatively low-value HHonors points.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, my wife and I kind of got stuck with these HA miles because we each got the 2 cards in order to get anywhere-in-the-world coach tickets on Virgin Atlantic. Right before we were about to get our tickets issued, they pulled the award.

Since I don't have a better option to use the miles (I don't really need them for tickets to Hawaii), I'm planning on transferring them to HHonors. Not the best deal in the world -- and certainly nowhere near as much value as the Virign ticket I was supposed to be able to get -- but not the end of the world. That said, I don't think I'd bother with this card again. I understand that it might be churnable, but I recall that I had to pay the annual fee. Not attractive enough just to get relatively low-value HHonors points.
140K HHilton points not good enough?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by iahphx
Originally Posted by OSUPoke2007
The problem is, a lot of people, including myself, started accumulating the bonuses with expectations that we would be able to use the miles on Delta. That apparently is a near impossibility. Combine that with the devaluation from Virgin Atlantic, the high cost of awards on ANA and Korean, and partner awards are difficult to use.

It seems like the best options for the miles right now are Hilton points or flights on Hawaiian.

145k points with a Axon reservation will get you 4 nights at any Hilton. We used ours at Park Lane, London room would have been $2200. for the 4 nights but for the $160. annual fee on 2 cards it was a great deal
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:17 pm

Note: The Bank of America link provided by the OP (https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...000|2072169|6U) now brings you to a Bank of America credit card page with a message stating "this offer is no longer available". But the offer is still available via the Hawaiian Airlines webpage: http://www.hawaiianairlines.com
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike2200
145k points with a Axon reservation will get you 4 nights at any Hilton. We used ours at Park Lane, London room would have been $2200. for the 4 nights but for the $160. annual fee on 2 cards it was a great deal
Yeah, no question there are some great deals in HHonors. But they tend to be very specific: particularly 4 nights in one of their best hotels.

Regardless, it's going to be hard for 140,000 HHonors points to equal the real value of a go-anywhere-in-the-world ticket on Virgin Atlantic from the USA. In your case, you obviously could have found other reasonable accomodations in London for $200/night.

Oh, well. Not much I can do about it now. I've gotten a bit unlucky, and will make the most of the HHonors points.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by ycrimi
As an update to my earlier woe; I called in, spoke with a VERY pleasant agent who looked at my two denials and said she disagreed with the system and asked to fwd me to a CA for review. She forwarded me, another cheerful agent said he agreed with the front line woman and told me he would be happy to approve me for 2x signature cards with 5-10k limits, asked me to verify income again and wished me a nice day. 8 for 8 on this AOR, thanks everyone for your encouragement and the great info in this thread.
Hi ycrimi, did you wait for a denial letter to come, or did you call before the letter arrived?

I just got a double instant denial

My credit history/score isn't super great, but I have a good income and have been approved to every card I applied for in the last year (mostly chase/citi/amex).
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Did not wait, called during business hours the next day. I'd call around 10am est to make sure you get their good squad in Delaware
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ycrimi
Did not wait, called during business hours the next day. I'd call around 10am est to make sure you get their good squad in Delaware
Thanks! Just called and after questions about my car loan and employment I got approved with a high enough CL for the signature card!

For some reason they were only talking about my BOH application, with no mention of the BOA application. Maybe that one got lost somehow or I messed up the SSN? I don't know if I should call again, but happy enough with one card.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by apk123
Thanks! Just called and after questions about my car loan and employment I got approved with a high enough CL for the signature card!

For some reason they were only talking about my BOH application, with no mention of the BOA application. Maybe that one got lost somehow or I messed up the SSN? I don't know if I should call again, but happy enough with one card.
I'd call in again and speak specifically about the BOH card the second time. If they bring up the BOA card say, yes I know I have that one approved, I wanted to know about BOH - I needed a second card in order to do x....
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by tinkerdeal
I just called to cancel my card, and the monotonebot...said that I forfeit all miles earned through the card upon cancellation.
They told me the same thing when I canceled my card a few months ago. What they are stating is untrue. Cannot understand why they are making this claim. No miles get forfeited.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by muji
Originally Posted by tinkerdeal
I just called to cancel my card, and the monotonebot...said that I forfeit all miles earned through the card upon cancellation.
They told me the same thing when I canceled my card a few months ago. What they are stating is untrue. Cannot understand why they are making this claim. No miles get forfeited.
You lose any miles currently earned that month on your CC and not transferred yet to your Hawaiian account. Nothing already in the Hawaiian account.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by mike2200
You lose any miles currently earned that month on your CC and not transferred yet to your Hawaiian account.
Not true for me.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by apk123

Called again today to try to get my second card approved. The credit analyst saw my two applications, then wanted to know if indeed I wanted two cards. Then he said that BOA gave me enough credit based on my history so I asked if he could split the line from the approved card. Then he asked why I wanted two cards (I gave the splitting expenses line), and then asked a lot of other questions such as whether I kept balances or paid in full, or why my credit history was short.

After all that he came back and said that he agreed to split the line from the first approved card and that they were both visa signatures and I would get the 35k bonus for each of the cards. Happy ending for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.