Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Old Jan 18, 13, 9:52 am

Programs: AA, SW
Originally Posted by thebat View Post
They are useful because they can be transferred to another HA FF member free. They can be used on other airlines
http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawa...rtner-airlines

Of course, they have dozens of intra island flights which is helpful if your in Hawaii.
The problem is, a lot of people, including myself, started accumulating the bonuses with expectations that we would be able to use the miles on Delta. That apparently is a near impossibility. Combine that with the devaluation from Virgin Atlantic, the high cost of awards on ANA and Korean, and partner awards are difficult to use.

It seems like the best options for the miles right now are Hilton points or flights on Hawaiian.
Old Jan 18, 13, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by OSUPoke2007 View Post
The problem is, a lot of people, including myself, started accumulating the bonuses with expectations that we would be able to use the miles on Delta. That apparently is a near impossibility. Combine that with the devaluation from Virgin Atlantic, the high cost of awards on ANA and Korean, and partner awards are difficult to use.
Not trying to defend HawaiianMiles as I think they are one of the weakest miles around, but as difficult as DL redemptions are with DL miles I would almost consider them impossible with partner programs.

It seems like the best options for the miles right now are Hilton points or flights on Hawaiian.
Agreed.
Old Jan 18, 13, 7:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by iqbalt80 View Post
Closed my BoFA and BOH cards yesterday. Rep didnt want to waive the fee even after I spent over $70K on both the cards (combined).
I will gladly pay the AF when I churn these cards in about 4-6 months.
How long did you keep the cards before you canceled them ?
Old Jan 18, 13, 8:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The links on the first page for the BofA versions both say the offer is no longer available online... does anyone have a different link?
Old Jan 19, 13, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT +, Hilton Diamond
I think for the most part, most people get these cards just to transfer to Hilton, I mean 70K points and the cards are churnable. My partner and I got these cards, its nice to have 140K points by spending very little. IN regards to fights to Hawaii, living in PHX, the return flight is pledged with delays and the hard product on thier 767s are very dated.
Old Jan 19, 13, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver, HHonors & SPG Gold
Yep, and the beauty of it is that you can share miles among cardmembers. I had a few family members apply for both and transfer it to me in the 1st churn. I am sitting on 650K Hilton points. Just started the 2nd churn and hopefully will hit 1M points by this summer

Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
I think for the most part, most people get these cards just to transfer to Hilton, I mean 70K points and the cards are churnable. My partner and I got these cards, its nice to have 140K points by spending very little. IN regards to fights to Hawaii, living in PHX, the return flight is pledged with delays and the hard product on thier 767s are very dated.
Old Jan 19, 13, 4:43 pm

I think BOA is no longer issuing this card. After getting the broken link I went to the BOA credit card site and can't even find the Hawaiian Airlines card.

I ended up applying for 2 BOH cards since the BOA link is dead

Originally Posted by mgchan View Post
The links on the first page for the BofA versions both say the offer is no longer available online... does anyone have a different link?
Old Jan 19, 13, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by filelover View Post
I think BOA is no longer issuing this card. After getting the broken link I went to the BOA credit card site and can't even find the Hawaiian Airlines card.

I ended up applying for 2 BOH cards since the BOA link is dead
Anyone find the BOA link? Did the two BOH go through?
Old Jan 19, 13, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Arrow Data point

Called the HMSC (http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawa...-partners/#fn8) to request transfer to Hilton points on 1/8, a few hours later received a call from HA to confirm the amount & Hilton account number. Points taken from HA account on the same day. Points show up 10 days later in Hilton account on 1/18 (on 3 separate transactions).
Old Jan 20, 13, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by farwest101 View Post
?? Monthly payments? What card churner would ever carry a balance?
I'm new to the churning game, besides that was a Discover. No churning needed or required
Old Jan 20, 13, 11:01 pm

I don't think you will find the link based on what I said earlier - the card doesn't even exist on their site.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...redit-cards.go

Yes the 2 Cards on BOH did go through. I applied for one - called the desk and got it done. Then applied for the 2nd one later on in the day and had to call again. They asked more questions on the 2nd app but never brought up the 1st app till the very end - when they said they couldn't give the same amount of credit as they did on the 1st card. I said that was more than I needed anyway and was approved. They did ask about a large balance on an account I had just paid the day before - told them that it was paid off.

Originally Posted by lavag View Post
Anyone find the BOA link? Did the two BOH go through?
Old Jan 20, 13, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
The links at MMS still works. Head on over.
Old Jan 21, 13, 1:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by texasguy77 View Post
The links at MMS still works. Head on over.
Or, if you're uh, tired of looking through all those affiliate links, you can go on the hawaiianmiles page, click on "Earn Miles" on the left side bar, then "Learn More" under the "Earn Miles with any visa purchase", and say you're a non-Hawaii resident
Old Jan 21, 13, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by mgchan View Post
Or, if you're uh, tired of looking through all those affiliate links, you can go on the hawaiianmiles page, click on "Earn Miles" on the left side bar, then "Learn More" under the "Earn Miles with any visa purchase", and say you're a non-Hawaii resident
You can even say your a Hawaiian resident if you want the second card. Double the miles One is the Bank of America Card and the other is the Bank of Hawaii card. Both are issued by FIA.
Old Jan 21, 13, 3:24 am

Has anyone applied and got this message?

We apologize for any inconvenience.
The application you are requesting is currently unavailable.
Thank you for your interest.

This was after I submitted it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: