Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by rdaven2003
That's what they say 2:1 trade. Or if you live on the west cost like me it is a free trip to the islands. That should work out in the cold of winter just fine!^
Neh... Dallas.
Besides if I go to Hawaii with my wife and kids again, I'll end up dropping another 3K on tours and other stuff. I'd rather fly to Samui or Bali.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by rdaven2003
I have the BofA AS card that I got back in May. I just applied, today, for the 2 HA cards and was approved after calling. They did take some credit limit off the AS card to make the HA card work but that is all right with me. Tell them up front when you call the recon line that you have 2 apps that you applied for. That way you can keep you bus. and personal expenses seperate.
Great, thanks for the info!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA Silver
Is the annual fee waived for either of these cards?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:54 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by calguy32
Is the annual fee waived for either of these cards?
No
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
How conservative is BofA with approving apps? 5 hard inquiries and mid 700 on my fico. No other BofA cards.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by SGJazz
How conservative is BofA with approving apps? 5 hard inquiries and mid 700 on my fico. No other BofA cards.
Shouldnt be a problem. I had the two Hawaiian airline cards in my App-o-Rama with few hard inquiries. I will be churning these cards in a month or two.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Shouldnt be a problem. I had the two Hawaiian airline cards in my App-o-Rama with few hard inquiries. I will be churning these cards in a month or two.
do the cards need to be canceled before you reapply for them?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Well I am going to cancel my cards but one thing MAYwork in my favor that I have already charged over $20K on my cards.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:08 pm
Suspended

No
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Well I am going to cancel my cards but one thing MAYwork in my favor that I have already charged over $20K on my cards.
Cancel? Are there no good fee-free downgrade options? I don't have either card, but I'm guessing that maybe you can convert the BofH card to a Fido Amex, and the BofA card to a Cash Rewards?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:28 am

I applied for the two versions last night, but got the "Add'l Information Requested" message. Too late for me to call in, so I had to wait until this AM. Was somewhat worried that having to talk to a human would result in too much scrutiny on the double-bonus, or that the inquiries from other apps from last night would show up. These fears were unfounded; mentioned that I had intended to apply for both with the goal of separating business and personal. Was approved with decent CLs for both, and rep confirmed eligibility for 35k bonus points on each. Looking forward to throwing them to HHonors.

Pretty dumb question, but does Hawaiian charge any fee or excise to transfer to HHonors? Do points have to be transferred to the same individual's HHonors account, or can they go to a SO's?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by nittany987
Pretty dumb question, but does Hawaiian charge any fee or excise to transfer to HHonors? Do points have to be transferred to the same individual's HHonors account, or can they go to a SO's?
No fees for HH transfers. AFAIK, names have to match else the transfer may be rejected. YMMV!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Applied for both, no instant approval on either. Called a few minutes later and was approved for both after being asked whether I meant to apply for both.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AA, SW
Originally Posted by Stoughton
No
I think that answers my question then. Still not familiar with churning yet, but if I can reapply for the cards, then surely my wife can with an existing BOA card.

I guess as far as BOA/NOH is concerned, they are getting $79 in fees for every card plus 2-3% of the purchases ($20-$30 in transactions fees). How much does it cost for a bank to buy miles from an airline? Can they get 35,000 miles for less than $100? It seems that they would not keep doing this if it wasn't profitable for them somehow.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AA, SW
Originally Posted by elBulli
Applied for both, no instant approval on either. Called a few minutes later and was approved for both after being asked whether I meant to apply for both.

Did you give a reason as to why or just confirm that you meant to apply for both?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.