Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian possibly starting East Coast New York JFK!?

Hawaiian possibly starting East Coast New York JFK!?

Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by p2471c
I have heard either of PVG, HKG, or TPE
PVG would compete with MU 2 x weekly
TPE would compete with CI daily.

HKG makes the most sense, as no one serves that route, and a lot of rich tourists from there surely ready to fly to here (and there used to be a HKG-HNL flight some years ago, was there not?), AND (this is important) NO US VISA REQUIREMENTS (while there are from PVG, which is why MU is only 2x weekly on the A340-300 to HNL and not daily, while no visa is why KE ICN to HNL is 2x daily and HA is daily). But, the lack of a proper business class cabin is a real downside, however, as that will stop HA from really making any such routes truly profitable, due to being unable to service high-yield pax.

It's just odd why HA seems to be going into every route that DL has, as opposed to opening up new ones.
DL was NRT-HNL, so HA went to HND-HNL. DL was KIX-HNL, so HA went to KIX-HNL. DL started FUK-HNL, so a month after HA started FUK-HNL. HA still hasn't copied DL on NGO-HNL. Is that next? Why not add CTS, that should have good market both ways (HNL to CTS in winter esp. for skiing/snow, CTS to Hawaii higher demand due to colder climate there), and currently there is no service from CTS to HNL?

Last edited by RealHJ; Oct 16, 2011 at 7:53 pm
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by 1KHI
What? I don't see any announcement on no partnership between CO and HA. I see mileage accrual as usual:

http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...aspx?ItemId=72
Because CO is no longer partners HA. UA has already previously announced to start the codeshare service but, it just only for interislands flight and not an TPAC flight.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
IMO, it's a lot more likely you will see more expansion in Asia before you see East Coast US.

-David
They are starting JFK service starting next year according to today's announcement.

Originally Posted by 1KHI
What? I don't see any announcement on no partnership between CO and HA. I see mileage accrual as usual:

http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...aspx?ItemId=72
According to this HA page outlining the partner airlines it states that the partnership ends Dec 31 2011.

Originally Posted by N830MH
Because CO is no longer partners HA. UA has already previously announced to start the codeshare service but, it just only for interislands flight and not an TPAC flight.
i wonder if that will still happen being that they HA is now starting flights into the NY/NJ area.

Ts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this "possibility" is now becoming an actuality, let's follow the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...nal-rates.html

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Hawai`i-based airlines forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.