Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian quietly raises their cheapest one way fares to the outer islands

Hawaiian quietly raises their cheapest one way fares to the outer islands

Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HAL Pualani Platinum, Delta Gold
Unhappy Hawaiian quietly raises their cheapest one way fares to the outer islands

Checked a couple days ago and it was still the old prices and then checked again today and they raised it.

HNL-KOA or HNL-ITO $80 one way plus taxes which works out to $86.20 for a one way or $172.40 for a round trip, and thats if you snag the cheapest fare both ways.

HNL-OGG and HNL-LIH $74 one way plus taxes which works out to $80.20 for a one way or $160.40 for a round trip.

I think these little price raises have been the plan all along, you jump the cost up 30 bucks at once and there would be a vocal outrage, but you push it up a couple of dollars every few months and no one notices, next thing you know it will be 200 minimum for an interisland round trip. Not happy about this slow, steady climb of fares.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
The continued increase is very sad for such a short flight. The result of poor competition no doubt. The Departure/arrival boards for GO are nearly always delayed which adds to the "no real competition" problem here. I would be happy to see the ferry back here in order to take away some of the cost of traveling inter island when its not work related.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HAL Pualani Platinum, Delta Gold
The higher the prices go, the more tempting it is for another carrier to move into the market. I know UA/CO now flies to every major Hawaii airport, I could see a UA express carrier move in if fares break 200+ a round trip.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Have you also noticed that the price of fuel has been going up a little every week for the past few months (until the past 2 weeks)???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.