Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Not a US-resident – Book tickets on hawaiianair.com?

Not a US-resident – Book tickets on hawaiianair.com?

Old May 8, 2011, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Question Not a US-resident – Book tickets on hawaiianair.com?

Hi!

Maybe some of you have experiences with that.

The problem: I'm from Europe and I want to book a LAX-HNL-LAX trip on Hawaiian Airlines. Is this possible via their US-website? Can I enter a credit card billing address in Europe?

I would have to proceed through the whole booking process and enter all passenger data to see if it works

Thanks for your help!

-Tom
Old May 8, 2011, 1:05 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by tomashi
Hi!

Maybe some of you have experiences with that.

The problem: I'm from Europe and I want to book a LAX-HNL-LAX trip on Hawaiian Airlines. Is this possible via their US-website? Can I enter a credit card billing address in Europe?

I would have to proceed through the whole booking process and enter all passenger data to see if it works

Thanks for your help!

-Tom
Someone here said that booking a ticket worked if you entered a "fictional" U.S. address. Having had the same issue in the past I book my HA tickets via www.travelocity.com or - as someone has sugested - via www.orbitz.com
Old May 8, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

I just found the respective flights on "ebookers" for roughly the same price. Just about 15€ more per ticket. Seems to be the best way to do it! Don't think it would be a good idea to try the thing with the fictional address!

-Tom
Old May 8, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
http://www.hawaiianair.co.uk/

Can't book online, but there are contact #s & e-mail address with the phrase "All European Credit Cards Taken" or something to that effect.
Old May 8, 2011, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Exclamation

Originally Posted by tomashi
Hi! The problem: I'm from Europe

Being from Europe is an advantage and not a problem!!!
Old May 12, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
I did manage to book online using a foreign credit card (cant remember which i used but either a UK or SIngapore card) and put my residence as Philippines and zip code as 0000 and it went through fine.

This was after trying both the US and Korea as residences which wouldnt work...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.