Airside Kiosks in HNL?

Old Oct 4, 09, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AA AAdvantage
Airside Kiosks in HNL?

I checked the search function and wiki and didn't find my answer there.

I'll be flying OGG-HNL (HA) and then HNL-SFO (AA), and was wondering where I should get the BP for my connecting flight. I don't know if I'll have easy access to a printer, and AA's web site says that they don't have self-check kiosks at OGG. Are there AA kiosks airside in HNL that I could use? Or should I get a BP printed at the AA ticket counter in OGG (is that possible)? The worst case scenario would be the ticket counter in HNL, but that would require going through security again. My layover is 1:50 if that matters. Thanks!

Last edited by im_blue; Oct 4, 09 at 2:32 am
Old Oct 4, 09, 6:45 am

If you were flying non stop out of OGG on an AA flight to LAX, SFO or HNL you would be able to check in, either at airport or on line, with AA. Since you are flying on HA from OGG to HNL then connecting on AA to SFO, at OGG you will have to check in with HA. HA should give you boarding passes for your AA flight.

With all of that said, other than my most recent trip to Maui (2008) I could never check in on line with either carrier. I always had to "go to the HA counter". Once in HNL, you will not have to go thru security again. Maybe AG inspection if walking from interisland to main terminal. Not a hassle at all because most take shuttle. I have never seen more than 10 people in line at AG inspection between terminals.

Speaking of AG inspections, once you arrive at OGG hit the AG inspection station prior to checking in. All of your luggage has to be inspected before checking bags.
Old Oct 4, 09, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AA AAdvantage
Well, I'm traveling on separate itineraries, so I'm thinking that HA won't be able to give me the AA boarding pass. Also, the problem is not checking in, which I can do online, but getting a boarding pass printed. Can anyone confirm if AA has airside kiosks in HNL? Otherwise, I'll try the AA ticket counter in OGG. Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 09, 11:31 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Bishope2 View Post
With all of that said, other than my most recent trip to Maui (2008) I could never check in on line with either carrier. I always had to "go to the HA counter". Once in HNL, you will not have to go thru security again. Maybe AG inspection if walking from interisland to main terminal. Not a hassle at all because most take shuttle. I have never seen more than 10 people in line at AG inspection between terminals.
Just to clarify, whether on the Wikiwiki shuttle or walking, you have to go through the ag screening.
Originally Posted by im_blue View Post
Well, I'm traveling on separate itineraries, so I'm thinking that HA won't be able to give me the AA boarding pass. Also, the problem is not checking in, which I can do online, but getting a boarding pass printed. Can anyone confirm if AA has airside kiosks in HNL? Otherwise, I'll try the AA ticket counter in OGG. Thanks!
Last I was in the central concourse in August, I did not see AAny airside kiosks. Just checkin with any AA AAgent at the AA gates in HNL. And yes, with two separate itineraries, HA will be unable to print your AA boarding passes for you.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: