Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Mardi Gras: Oxford street, Sydney

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:05 am
Original Poster

So, we're going to MG next year and looking for a place to stay on Oxford to be near the events. But Oxford street is looooooooong. Does anyone know where on Oxford (i.e. nearest cross streets) the parade would be? Or better yet, where on Oxford would be an ideal place to stay? Thanks.

Brian
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 2P, IHG Royal Ambassador
Danegreg and I have done Mardi Gras 5 or 6 times- we've usually stayed in Darling Harbour which is just an 8- or 10-block walk- Southern Cross on Harbour, the Radisson on Liverpool, and what is now Vibe. Prices don't get jacked up nearly as badly as they do at the few true hotels on Oxford Street itself.

Originally Posted by Noveluver
So, we're going to MG next year and looking for a place to stay on Oxford to be near the events. But Oxford street is looooooooong. Does anyone know where on Oxford (i.e. nearest cross streets) the parade would be? Or better yet, where on Oxford would be an ideal place to stay? Thanks.

Brian
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Gregdane, can I email you offlist? I'm at [email protected]

Brian
Old Sep 9, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Also check here and here (previous threads with some good information).

The parade goes along Elizabeth and then left up to Oxford St, taking a right at Taylor Square (Flinders St) to the sporting grounds (SCG, Fox Studios). You don't need to get a hotel along the route - anything nearby would do. Just ensure you aren't staying in the Bondi Junction Oxford St (it's at the other end).
Old Sep 20, 2009, 5:23 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
The Sheraton on the Park or the Marriott are both very close (the Marriott a bit closer) to the beginning of Oxford St.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.