Wiki Posts
Search

Vieques/Culebra, PR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Vieques/Culebra, PR

I am planning a trip to Puerto Rico and was thinking about going to Culebra or Vieques, Puerto Rico and spending a night there. I went to Culebra several years ago and thought it was very beautiful and romantic, but that was about ten years ago.

I was curious to know if any of you have been there recently and what your experience was. I also need suggestions for where to stay and how to get there.
Old May 7, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
The W will open in October in Vieques.

You can travel by Plane from San Juan or Fajardo. Also you can take a ferry which is the cheaper alternative but it takes longer.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I was in Culebra last year - still beautiful, still feels like you are in the middle of nowhere. I don't have much advice on places to stay, etc., but I will echo the sentiment above: Just pay for the quick flight from SJ or Fajardo airport and don't bother with the ferry. Besides the fact that the ferry takes a while, there have been times where the morning ferry has sold out. If I recall, we paid about $28/pp for the flight from Fajardo.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
The W will open in October in Vieques.
Starwood website is now saying Nov. 19, 2009 ( http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotel...ropertyID=3170 )and I wouldn't bet on that date either considering the delays they have had in opening other W properties in the recent past (FLL, Miami, Hoboken, Scottsdale, etc.). There's even a thread in the *W forum that has a date of Jan. 2010 listed as the opening date. Not sure where that came from.

Last edited by christianj; Jul 6, 2009 at 6:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.