Search

Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Indianapolis

Title says it all...
<no snickering, please>

I have meals covered. How about coffee shops or nightlife?

TIA
Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I hope you are renting a car.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, back in the day they used to have two very active bathhouses. I don't know about now.

Where are you staying?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Actually, downtown is very walkable. People just don't do it. The Abbey coffeehouse (modeled after the one in L.A.) is fun, as are the bars along Massachusetts Avenue. Metro, Greg's, and Talbot Street are all average friendly midwestern bars. The downtown mall is a nice place to browse. The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra is superb, especially if Mario is conducting. If the weather is nice, you can rent a pedal boat on the canal or walk to the White River and the Zoo. It's really a lovely town.

David
Old Mar 1, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Just double checking that you didn't have a typo and it's not Minneapolis?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Just double checking that you didn't have a typo and it's not Minneapolis?
Sadly, no! I think Minneapolis is one of the best-kept secrets; I really enjoy the dining and the nightlife there. And the people are so gosh-darn friendly!

IndyDavid has the spot-on review; for me I decided not to do anything because there is still no smoking ban in Indy, and I just cannot handle that. Maybe next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.