Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

OKTOBERFEST GAYLA 2009: Munich, Germany Sept 18-20 “Will Bavaria Ever Be The Same?”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OKTOBERFEST GAYLA 2009: Munich, Germany Sept 18-20 “Will Bavaria Ever Be The Same?”

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

As promised here is a link to the pics from the Luge Run - http://picasaweb.google.com/peter.aj...eat=directlink . Feel free to PM me with your e-mail address if you want the pics but can't get it off the site.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:24 am

Great Event!

Carl, thank you so much for organizing this whirlwind weekend! Marc and I had a great time, have great memories (the little we were able to retain in a beer stupor!) and met many new friends. Too bad you will not be in Munich next year as we are already planning a return. Also, a special thanks to Eric and Al for planning the SOM tour. A good tip for future travel to Germany - fly into Frankfurt and take the 1.5 hours train ride to Baden Baden and immediately go to the spa. A great way to recover from a transatlantic flight! - just remember that you may be scrubbed down, in the nude, by a 20 something frauline! That got us jump started for the remainder of the trip. To all group members - please look us up when visiting DC. Ugh, now home recovering from jet lag - that is why I am sending this message at 5:00 AM! Best to all! Terry & Marc
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Carl, thanks for everything! What an amazing vacation this has been - you are a wonderful host! It was also great meeting so many new friends. Eric and Al
Old Sep 27, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: USA, Delta
Thanks Carl!

Ryan and I had more fun than we could have imagined. It was so much fun meeting you and some of the other flyertalk crew. This will be one of my all time favorite vacations and we have you to thank for being a part of it.

Prost!

Victor
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by toryinpa
Ryan and I had more fun than we could have imagined. It was so much fun meeting you and some of the other flyertalk crew.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: USA, Delta
Sorry I love Pars, I didn't mean anything by my comment. I didn't get to talk talk to eveyone there. Everyone I met, I really enjoyed meeting!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:06 pm

We just arrived home from the trip. What a blast it was meeting everyone!! It was my most fun Oktoberfest yet. What a difference it makes when you go with a group.

Thanks Carl for all your deft organizing efforts! Amazing how one person can make such a fantastic time for 70 other people - Prosit!!

Off topic - Both on the Swiss Air flight to Munich and the Lufthansa flight back, Lou and I were given separate seats very far away despite having booked the flights jointly. It seemed nearly every couple on the flight was in the same dilemma as us. This has never happened before in decades of flying. No staff along any one of the usual stages was able to change our seats (full flight). The flight attendants said it was a new phenomenon they were just noticing recently. There may be some correlation to having very large groups of MIT and Harvard students onboard who sat in big blocks of seats (together). Am next searching FT for tips as to how to avoid sitting apart in future... has this happened to anyone else?

-Erik
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: US *G (AF, BA)
damn....missed it

I was just browsing the forums again...WOW...I wish i realized it a little earlier.

Living in Augsburg, 45mins from Munich, I was there at Bräurosl the gay monday one week later.
To bad Olafman won't be in Munich next year to organize a revival. As I don't know where I will be then, i'm not sure if i could. But...I'd suggest for the next time to be as early as 8am or try to reserve some tables. The problem with reservations is, they will be done sometime in spring and you have to pay for some beer&food coupons in advance.

Sometimes there's an option to connect one of the gay events at the Oktoberfest with one of the pink tent events at the Cannstatter Wasen in Stuttgart. The 2nd largest fair in germany (europe or maybe the world) after the Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest and Wasen usually have one week in common. The Wasen partys are the "Chicken Night" and "GayDelight". Wasen is a little bit more local as it's not that internationally known and you can even get into the tents at about 4 or 5pm without reservation.

http://www.cannstatter-volksfest.de/index.php?id=2&L=1

Next GayDelight-Partys on the Stuttgart fair are: 05/06/10 (spring fair in may) and 10/07/10 ("Wasen")

Yoo might check for Lederhosen for next year at:
Shop 1
Shop 2

Both shops have stores you can go to while in Munich (which I would recommend).

So...hopefully next time I join! And then we'll all hop on the Teufelsrad it's Oktoberfest's oldest ride

Last edited by Jack Napier; Oct 17, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.