Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

SFO restaurant recommendations for Monday wedding lunch celebration?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO restaurant recommendations for Monday wedding lunch celebration?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PL & MM, Starwood PL, Hyatt Diam, Hilton Diam
Question SFO restaurant recommendations for Monday wedding lunch celebration?

My partner and I are getting married at City Hall in SFO on a Monday and we will have 15 guests and are looking for a restaurant to have a small wedding lunch celebration.

Unfortunately many of the restaurants in SFO aren't open for lunch on Monday's. We have been recommended to try Catch, has anyone been? Any other suggestions?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by GeorgeK
We have been recommended to try Catch, has anyone been?
One of the group dinners of the SF Gayla earlier this year was at Catch. You should get lots of opinions. I thought it was fine, but by the time I got there I was on my third martini, so I'm not the one to ask.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 9:58 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
I've eaten at Catch both at the Gayla and with friends for dinner and had very good meals - if you use them, try and keep your lunch "on the menu" rather than as a set menu; the "steak or seafood" option isn't bad, but the restaurant is at its best when it's cooking to order.

There are a crapload of good restaurants in the city, though. Pick your cuisine!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 2:35 pm

Perhaps Americano at the Hotel Vitale? Very nice for lunch. They have a private room that I think can accommodate a group of that size.

http://www.americanorestaurant.com/

A little out of the way in the Laurel Heights area, but there is also Spruce

http://www.sprucesf.com/

Excellent food. Beautiful space.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Mazel tov on the nuptials

Catch is always a reliable and enjoyable choice. I like the Americano at Vitale too - so it's more apples and oranges. Catch is one of the better Castro dining choices (which, to be honest, is not saying much - Castro is really a mediocre 'hood for food) - Americano at Hotel Vitale is a really nice setting, quite close to the Bay and the Ferry Building. Don't forget to consult your hotel concierge too - they can work miracles on short notice for a large group like yours.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 1:19 am

Congratulations! My partner and I got married there a few years ago during the rush when the mayor of SF started handing out marriage licenses. We didn't make it on Valentines Day because of the crowds. So our marriage license was dated 2/15. Not as romantic but still very memorable.

The Rotunda Restaurant at Neiman Marcus is something you might consider. Light, airy, and great food. I took my sister in law there a few months ago. We both loved it. They could probably accomodate a party of 15. Not sure if they're open on Monday.

NM is where I bought all my skin care products during college. Had to look fab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.