FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   GLBT Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/)
-   -   Drag Names (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers/855213-drag-names.html)

MrMan Aug 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Drag Names

Being more of a leather/bear MO myself, I don't talk with many drag queens. But yesterday I was drinking with a most striking lady with the name

"Hell-of-a-bottom Carter".:D

Has anyone heard of one that can top this?

wiredboy10003 Aug 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Which drag name I use depends on where I am.

In Chelsea, NYC, I'm Miss Olivia Jardin (in honor of the restaurant on Sixth Ave at 23rd St.)

When I'm in the country, I magically morph into Miss Brooke Trout.

My favorite though, is when I'm in Barcelona. There's a traffic circle on the hill above the city and in Catalan it's called Ronda da Dalt (The high up traffic circle literally). When I arrive in BCN all I have to do is call my friends and tell them Rhonda's here.

http://lluc-files.blogspot.com/2006/...a-da-dalt.html

Having said all this, I have to say they're just names. I don't actually do drag.

SJC1K Aug 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Not so sure that this is travel related in any way ... but a Filipino/a contestant in last year's GAPA Runway pageant in SF was Dawn Avanuday.

bigguyinpasadena Aug 13, 2008 3:47 pm

My Ivy league name is Vera Tass

dg4255 Aug 13, 2008 3:54 pm

when I was in college in Dallas, my fraternities brothers (also gay) made us dress up as civil war beauty pageant contestants. I was Miss South Carolina 1863, Sofonda Peters.
Now, I am the ugliest b!tch in drag, but add a parasol, elbow length peach coloured satin gloves, and more lace than your grandma's kitchen table, and it brings new definition to FUGLY.

wiredboy10003 Aug 14, 2008 7:45 am

Originally Posted by dg4255 (Post 10197792)
when I was in college in Dallas, my fraternities brothers (also gay) made us dress up as civil war beauty pageant contestants. I was Miss South Carolina 1863, Sofonda Peters.

'Is that a Gatling gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?'

malsf1 Aug 14, 2008 9:49 am

In line with the website's theme, a friend in London used to go by Hedda N. DeClouds.

FlyBalletGuy Aug 14, 2008 1:23 pm

My buddy Matt (Chlamydia Tractorpull) christened me Phyllis Stein at Wigstock '94. She's had a rather checkered career, only appearing once corporeally (blackmail by Matt) but having a rather blood curdling cyber career (well, there was the time a rabbi proposed to her . . .) She's been recuperating in the Barbra Streisand Ashram for many years now.

I would like to offer the drag name of Heather O'Normative to any of the academic FT'ers out there, particularly Hoyateach.

98103 Aug 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Robert Rodi in his comic novel Drag Queen had a couple of good ones, Kit N. Kaboodle but my absolute favorite drag name of. all. time.

Miss Regina Upright.:D

Thank you Mr. Rodi

itsaboutthejourney Aug 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy (Post 10202218)
My buddy christened me Phyllis Stein at Wigstock '94. She's had a rather checkered career, only appearing once but having a rather blood curdling cyber career (well, there was the time a rabbi proposed to her . . .)

TMI!

ll22949 Aug 14, 2008 5:55 pm

Sue Nami

CP@YOW Aug 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Making up such names is a recurring joke in the new Broadway musical "[title of show]" (highly recommended).

The one that sticks in my mind is Tulita Pepsi.

Lufthomie Aug 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Shirley "ChaCha" Muldowney?:confused:

FlyBalletGuy Aug 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by nroscoe (Post 10202711)
TMI!

It takes sooooo little to make you use a safeword.

Pineapple!

getsaround Aug 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Wasn't Harvey Fierstein's "Torch Song Trilogy" drag name VIRGINIA HAM?