FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   GLBT Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/)
-   -   One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers/843488-one-mighty-weekend-gay-days-orlando-2009-june-4th-9th.html)

Wireless Jul 10, 2008 5:34 am

One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th

OK, did anyone get in on the "Thank You" sale for the 2009 event? 33% off ticket prices, which they claim will not go on sale again.

After a crazy but amazing 2008 weekend, I can't wait for 2009!

Foady Jul 11, 2008 1:29 am

Oh wireless, guess I'll be seeing you there next year. This time, for longer more than 24 hours (er... extended to 36). :D

izzik Jul 11, 2008 11:33 am

what exactly do you do at this event?

holtju2 Jul 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by izzik (Post 10018734)
what exactly do you do at this event?

Besiness XXX?

Wireless Jul 18, 2008 4:51 am

Wear 15 different swimsuits and maybe a pair of jeans. A red shirt if you can manage on Saturday.

Note, there are lots of crazy blondes at the various venues.

Mr MCO Jul 22, 2008 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Wireless (Post 10053786)
Wear 15 different swimsuits and maybe a pair of jeans. A red shirt if you can manage on Saturday.

You also keep hydrated with nice cold beverages by the pool....

DFWSkylink Jul 22, 2008 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wireless (Post 10053786)

Did I miss the blondes? :confused:

Wireless Jan 6, 2009 5:58 pm

oh. my. gosh.

I only see trouble from noon Saturday until 4am Sunday morning.

DJ lineup posted :)

TravisMT81 Jan 6, 2009 6:30 pm

I am not a circuit party person, but I still go to MK on Saturday and usually Phouse at night.

Juanefny Jan 6, 2009 7:13 pm

That's Thurs - Friday. Are there really fun things going on on a Thursday night, or a Monday night?

DBCme Jan 6, 2009 7:23 pm

Howdy all,
For those attending afterhours at Arabian Nights (you know who you are...)
the nearby Radisson (Parkway Blvd) is available for $38 bucks a night, using a best rate guarantee.

Radisson.com is $99+ 6/5-6/8
Airfare.com (found thru Kayak) has it at $51+ 6/5-6/8
I filed a claim to radisson for the BRG and they responded within hours agreeing to lower their price AND knock another 25% off that rate - making it $38/night. Thumbs up to Radisson for honoring their BRG!

Full pre-payment required for Radisson BRG deal, but only a $25 fee if you cancel before 48 hours.

DBCme Jan 6, 2009 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wireless (Post 11024423)
oh. my. gosh.

I only see trouble from noon Saturday until 4am Sunday morning.

DJ lineup posted :)

Hey Wireless,

We met at a SFGayla last year. Any particular DJ you fancy? I'm looking forward to seeing Offer Nissim

JonathanIT Jan 8, 2009 1:25 am

I'll be in Orlando from June 1-8, 2009. :D

Wireless Jan 8, 2009 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by mikensf74 (Post 11024862)
We met at a SFGayla last year. Any particular DJ you fancy? I'm looking forward to seeing Offer Nissim

I absolutely can't wait for One Mighty Party and Magic Journeys 2, I love seeing Manny Lehman live. Tony Moran is one of my favorites, although I keep missing his recent live performances :( With Roland Belmares starting the pool party, I see Saturday as the crazy day (and no time for Magic Kingdom unfortunately)!

I like Offer Nissim, saw him at Homesexual (Mardi Gras closing party last year). While I'd love to see Nissim and Rauhofer (like him live too, saw him at twisted) Sunday at Magic Journeys, I'll have to see if I can make it after everything that precedes. Maybe I'll nap through Phil B at Reunion 3, I just saw him New Years Day at MASS. Screw Epcot. :)

Of course, as sorta happened last year, my planned schedule could be derailed by boy(s).

Originally Posted by mikensf74 (Post 11024831)
Howdy all,
For those attending afterhours at Arabian Nights (you know who you are...)
the nearby Radisson (Parkway Blvd) is available for $38 bucks a night, using a best rate guarantee.

Great spot to drop off your shirt! haha

Originally Posted by Juanefny (Post 11024786)
That's Thurs - Friday. Are there really fun things going on on a Thursday night, or a Monday night?

Thursday is chill, I didn't go to the Jump Start, but Mannequins was crowded. The host hotel was hopping, and people were arriving and getting ready to go. I left Monday night, but everyone looked pretty wrecked by then. :) Good time to leave!

DFWSkylink Jan 9, 2009 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Wireless (Post 11039002)
Of course, as sorta happened last year, my planned schedule could be derailed by boy(s).

I have no idea what you are talking about. Everything was scheduled down t the last minute and we were always on schedule :)

Originally Posted by Wireless (Post 11039002)
Thursday is chill, I didn't go to the Jump Start, but Mannequins was crowded. The host hotel was hopping, and people were arriving and getting ready to go. I left Monday night, but everyone looked pretty wrecked by then. :) Good time to leave!

I am sad to say, for those of you that don't know, that Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney has closed. There is no more Mannequins :(