Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2009, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by blueDC
Hmm, is the general consensus that the boys are gonna chase the venue (TL) rather than the big name DJ (Gauthreaux) for Fri night's party? It's my first time so I'm curious as to how amazing TL is and whether we should go to that instead...

Thanks!
Other than the one year there was a tropical storm and cool temps, Typhoon Lagoon is lauded as one of the best gay parties ever.
Old May 15, 2009, 1:19 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
WDW Theme park meets

I'm heading to GayDays with a group of great friends who run a Disney fan message board (MiceChat.com).

If anyone is interested in hanging out with a bunch of (mostly) gay Disney geeks at Walt Disney World, I would like to invite you to our scheduled meets!

Saturday, June 6, Gay Day at Magic Kingdom
Time: 11:00am
Place: Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

We usually hang out for a bit there and then head over to the Columbia Harbor House for lunch.

Sunday, June 7, Gay Day at Epcot
Time: 12:00 noon
Place: Electric Umbrella, Future World
Our first scheduled meet on Epcot day.

The group is mainly based in CA, so the WDW meets tend to be smaller. All are welcome! FlyerTalk tie in: One of our members is an FA for Delta (formerly NW) and is always full of great stories. He's a real hoot.

And please, don't forget to wear RED!

Last edited by JonathanIT; May 15, 2009 at 6:28 pm
Old May 15, 2009, 2:44 pm

Hmm, is the general consensus that the boys are gonna chase the venue (TL) rather than the big name DJ (Gauthreaux) for Fri night's party? It's my first time so I'm curious as to how amazing TL is and whether we should go to that instead...

Thanks!
I'm really not sure what most people are going to be doing. TL is an amazing party.. soo much fun, I wouldn't pass it up this year. Especially since the other option is a pool party that you can go to for the next 2 days and will already have been at earlier in the day on Friday.

It's def TL for my group.
Old May 17, 2009, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by Knix33
Me and my friends are doing the TL party on Friday, all the pool parties, the party at Gaylords (lol, that just sounds funny) and all the afterhours.

Not sure about that ballroom party on Sunday. I'm gettin excited.
Originally Posted by trvlr70
This is probably the party schedule I will follow as well. But I'm bummed about Kelly Roland. What? Was Charo unavailable?[used to biggest, better names here]
This is what I'm leaning towards as well.

Looks like enVibe/Worldvibe is imploding. What a mess. I don't care what they are still saying ("wah wah, it's about the people not the venue"), it IS about the venue. I don't need to spend $1k+ to see the same crap I can see back at home. No advanced money for any of these idiots for next year, if I even go at all again.
Old May 17, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I had to laugh when someone said "omg Kelly how cool" Ok who has not seen that b#### at a bar LOL!
Old May 18, 2009, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I had to laugh when someone said "omg Kelly how cool" Ok who has not seen that b#### at a bar LOL!
I've never seen her perform out at a club date. Saw DC in concert back in the day but I'm looking forward to it!
Old May 18, 2009, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Maybe they'll have Hannah Montana come perform! If younger == better, It doesn't get much better than Mylie Cyrus!
Old May 18, 2009, 8:32 pm

Whoops sorry I have seen Michelle the other Destiny Child girl at HERE in WeHo before. Regardless that is not a major act to me.
Old May 19, 2009, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Whoops sorry I have seen Michelle the other Destiny Child girl at HERE in WeHo before. Regardless that is not a major act to me.
Who did you want to see? I was hoping for Jennifer Hudson.
Old May 19, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: OW, *A, Bonvoy, WOH
Originally Posted by Knix33
Who did you want to see? I was hoping for Jennifer Hudson.
I would sh*t a panda if JHud showed up!
Old May 19, 2009, 12:26 pm

I would sh*t a panda if JHud showed up!
A panda, huh? I bet there'd be a ton of people willing to pay dop dollar to see that!
Old May 19, 2009, 1:38 pm

Arrggghh....I cannot even keep track of the almost daily changes to the party schedule. I've decided to not try to figure it out until a two weeks prior.

By the way, I got refunded completely for the OMW Gold Passes. I accidentlally bought a pair of extra tickets last year. I'm just going to buy party tickets on an a la carte basis as needed. Just too risky any other way this year.

Oh the drama.....
Old May 19, 2009, 5:18 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
If you're looking for a hotel

The Sheraton Safari Hotel & Suites (Lake Buena Vista) just showed up on Starpicks this week for $69/night. I've never stayed there but the rate looks decent with full SPG stay/points/benefits credit. Availability looks wide open for the whole month of June.
Old May 19, 2009, 6:57 pm

Jonathan what is your SN on Micechat? Hrrmmm that rate does look good!
Old May 21, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by DFWSkylink
I can always open the door in the hotel and waive the vodka and create an instant room full of boys
There are other things you can wave that will do the trick as well...

I'm in. I'll have just wrapped up an obnoxious busy period, and will be ready to paaartay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.