Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
hush I am still in mourning!!!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
So who all is going this year? It is less than 3 months and counting and it qualifies during the double EQM period
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:33 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I will be there from 6/3 to 6/10 with the BF and 5 other friends. We're staying at one of the HGVC properties in a three-bedroom unit. I just haven't decided which one yet.. either SeaWorld Int'l Drive or the new Parc Soleil. I have to take a look and see how "finished" the new property is; it opens less than two weeks before we arrive.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, SPG Plat
I'll be there with a few friends from Miami just Friday to Sunday (6/5 to 6/7). This time, I'm staying at the host hotel. I learned my lesson last year, repeatedly doing the walk of shame between the Buena Vista Palace and the Doubletree. Also won't miss the funny looks from the families at the Doubletree when they saw 4 loud drunk guys walking through the corridors only in Speedos

Can't wait!!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:05 pm

Being a loud drunk is the fun part Wes

I booked a room, but on Disney property
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Hotel: check. Party pass: check. Plane tickets: check. Prius: not this year.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
i will probably be there. Will have to take that long 7 mile drive over to Disney.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:13 pm

Oh to the non circuit party crowd... At Phouse they are having Taylor Dayne on Friday, Deborah Cox on Saturday, and Jennifer Holiday on Sunday.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
We went last year, but we stayed with other family members at a Disney hotel. Mostly a family trip. They thought the Gays Days at Magic Kingdom was interesting, although it was all pretty low key. (I didn't like one guy who made lewd comments to me in a line right in front of my nieces, though.)

One things I've never known. At the Jungle Cruise, the staff gave us the option of going in an all "red shirt" boat. We elected to go on a regular boat given that we were with our nieces. So what happened on the red-shirt boat???
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:08 pm
aeo

Still happening?

I wasn't planning on going this year anyway, but I received an e-mail from some sort of circuit e-mail list that I found myself on saying that the OMW events aren't going forward, despite the fact that tickets are still being sold. Is there any truth to this? The OMW website says stuff will be happening "despite any rumors" but also implies that venues haven't yet been secured.

I don't meant to be spreading those false rumors - if false - and I don't know for sure either way, but if you're holding tix and/or thinking of buying, I'd recommend doing a bit of research.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Just posted today...

I'm pretty annoyed with Beach Ball not being at Typhoon Lagoon, and OMW not being at Hollywood studios, but oh well. Refunds are offered, but that doesn't take care of purchased airfare and hotel deposit.

Johnny Chisholm speaks: Announcement regarding One Mighty Weekend events

In summary, the current rumors are that Chisholm didn't pay all or part of the fees to Disney, so they told him to go jump. I had a feeling something was a bit odd with the quick ticket sale last year. Oh well, I'm still planning on going, and am very excited with the DJ lineup (Alyson Calagna was dropped, and Joe Gauthreaux stepped up to replace her. He rocked this past Saturday in SF)

Last edited by Wireless; Apr 28, 2009 at 8:51 pm
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:04 am

Chisholm's announcement was unintentionally funny. I find it incredulous that the criminal promoter thinks it would be acceptable to simply substitute a Disney park with top of the line entertainment and production values with a B-hotel's interior ballroom. What? Was the local Veteran's Hall already booked.

I'm really irritated that he screwed up such a popular party weekend.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, SPG Plat
This is horse $#%!!

So what exactly will be the difference now between the Reunion Pool Party and Beach Ball? Answer: Sunlight, and a whole bunch of queens b*tching.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I've had a day to stew, watch all the drama, and now get very concerned he's going to run out of money to put anything on at the rate of people requesting refunds (check the posts on facebook, justcircuit already pulled the pissed off thread).

Now look what's coming... Manny and Alyson have jumped ship, and hell, Brett will take any gig (oh, looks like he was planning an alternate event anyway). http://www.envibeorlando.com/

JustCircuit news

Leaning towards refunding my pass....

Interesting rumor mill - although this guy is a bit cranky over donation proceeds. Whatever, he's got some interesting evidence on Chisholm and an interesting bit on the hotel:

4/28 BUENA VISTA PALACE insider: "All hell has broken loose". Hotel employee contacts thecircuitdog.com to describe the angry mob scene that their telephone receptionist received. "People are angry and demanding money back, but we can't do anything" said the circuit source. Hotel's email also filled with disappointed OMW guests. Johnny's sloppy chaos continues.

Last edited by Wireless; Apr 28, 2009 at 8:52 pm
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
As for me, I will be more than happy to skip the drama and see Tiffany and Deborah Cox perform for less than 1/4 of the price of the "night pool parties"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.