Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Solo Traveller to Atlantis Cruise (Barcelona to Rome)

Old Mar 23, 08, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Has anyone ever been on an Atlantis Cruise?

What's it like??

I'll be travelling alone... Do I need a roomate? where can I find one?

Old Mar 23, 08, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL/AF, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Hi schnitzer,

Lot of resources on the web. Check out the Gay & Lesbian Cruisers subboard under Special Interest on the Cruise Critic website, and then do a search. Tons of posts on all the different cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162

Also, the MSN Atlantis board is very good:

http://groups.msn.com/atlantisevents

I wrote a long review of the Atlantis Baltic 2007 last year here on FlyerTalk, and you may find it informative. You'll have a great time. Barcelona to Rome is usually a younger, more party oriented crowd than Baltic. Do try to see some of the ports if you can

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...05#post8134105
Old Mar 23, 08, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Schnitzer, whats the best price you've found for the cruise? I'm a solo traveller as well, and its kinda pricey from what I've seen.
Old Mar 24, 08, 9:23 am
Original Poster

that's alright... younger is alright.. i'm only 24.

i haven't actually called the res centre, but i'm assuming its whatever posted on their website + taxes and port fees..

can I actually find cheaper elsewhere??
Old Mar 24, 08, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL/AF, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Atlantis very rarely discounts from what is published. Gay cruises can sell out as much as six to nine months before sailing. My Baltic 2007 sold completely out in four weeks in 2006.

Another thought - as you are in YVR - you might enjoy their Mexico or Caribbean cruises more, as they are far easier to get to, do not require the (currently) very expensive Euro, and both definitely skew younger than the Europe products. They also do land products in Cancun and Puerto Vallarta. Have fun with whatever you decide. Atlantis does a great job with all their vacation offerings.

Last edited by ebayj; Mar 24, 08 at 11:21 pm Reason: Add content
Old Apr 21, 08, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA -1MM, SPG - Lifetime Gold
My partner and I will be on the Barcelona to Rome cruise - we did the Barcelona to Athens cruise in 2005 - it's a great time. PM me if you want more details.

You can also check out http://www.atlantis411.net.

Mike
Old Apr 22, 08, 12:11 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by schnitzer View Post
Has anyone ever been on an Atlantis Cruise?
What's it like??
I'll be travelling alone... Do I need a roomate? where can I find one?
Hi Schnitzer,

I have been on 2 Atlantis cruises and loved both of them.

The first one I did a cabin-share with Atlantis, the second I found a roommate thru Atlantis411. Both worked out well because we sat down and talked about out expectations and ground-rules at the beginning, so there were no surprises.

During the cruise there will be many different activities for you to enjoy, both on-ship and shore-exchursions. And the ondeck dance parties are great, if that is your thing.

Before my first cruise I was somewhat hesitant, but now I cannot recommend Atlantis high enough.

I hope this helped, but if not msg me and I can try to answer any other questions you might have.

Have a great time!
Old Apr 28, 08, 10:08 am
Original Poster

so i'm booked with the roomate share program. i'll take my chances as i don't care who i'm paired with. I'm probably the worse roomate you can have

i'm the one who usually starts all the trouble.. (not talking about fist fights)

seems like as we're counting down, atlantis did some price adustments to sell their rooms. i think by $50-$100 ? oh well, better than no discount.

BTW, has anyone ever snuck booze into their checked luggae? I would like to bring a bottle of B151............
Old May 2, 08, 9:50 am

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
As others have pointed out, the European Cruises skew older. Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you. If possible try to arrive in the departure city a few days early. It is one of the best ways to meet fellow cruisers.

As for the booze, definitely smuggle some aboard in your largest bag. There's a slight chance they may find it but in my experience they never have. Drinks are pricey on board and ashore in Europe, plus it's always nice to have the makings for an impromptu cocktail party.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: