Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Your favourite Bath Houses / Saunas anywhere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favourite Bath Houses / Saunas anywhere

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:18 am

Question for Flyer Talkers

Can someone tell me what gay bathhouses are now in New York?

I know about the East Side Club and the West Side Club, but I think that is it.

Does anyone know of any others?

By the way, with regard to the Russian and Turkish Baths, although I have never been, I believe it is basically heterosexual. When they are coed (which is most of the time), they require men to wear some sort of swimming trunks.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:30 am

Queens Bathhouses?

I have heard there are bathhouses in Jackson Heights and/or Flushing.

Does anyone know if they are now closed?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
Babylon in Bangkok is amongst my personal favorites.
Babylon in Bangkok is probably the best in the world.

I also have very fond memories of Thermo Day in AMS!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Montreal, of course, is infamous for its many saunas.
Many; that's it. None of them really of interest.

In Paris, Suncity (relatively recent) is worth a visit; if it wouldn't be for the attitude...

Niyon Kankai in Tokyo are quite an experience to enjoy! (3 branches)
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: UAL, FlyingBlue, Marriott
L'Oasis Sauna in Brussels

stay for dinner - a sublime experience.

Last edited by peteropny; Feb 13, 2008 at 9:33 pm
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:21 pm

My Favorite Gay Bath Houses

I think the best one i have been to is Steamworks in Berkeley, California. The place is very large, clean, and always has lots of hot men. I went there one saturday night and it was like i died and went to heaven. I am still reeling about that hot night.

Eddie C

Last edited by peteropny; Feb 18, 2008 at 7:33 am
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:22 pm

There is a bath house in Flushing. I have been there. It's called Northern Men's Sauna.

Last edited by peteropny; Feb 17, 2008 at 7:53 pm
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Bathouses in New York?. Don't bother.
Hop on a plane to YUL - it's the closest thing worth your time.

It've always thought that it would be such a great biz oppetuntiny to open a real one up. Alas.. w / laws & real estate, may not be posiblle
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:24 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
My favourites include:

Steamworks in Toronto (each room has a personal TV and you own remote control too)

Spa Excess in Toronto

Also, there is a new sauna in Vancouver (YVR) called "Friction". The place is still a bit new and not many people know about it. If enough people go, it would be a good sauna.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Memories

Steamworks in Melbourne used to be first rate, but what I hear recently you wouldn't bother.
55 Porter St
was also wonderful.
The place to go now is "Wet on Wellington", so I am told.

Sydney was always and still is
Kens, or Kens Karate Klub - KKK - commonly known as Kens these days.

Kings still has a good following and so does Sydney City Steam, while Aarows at Rydalemere (near Parramatta) is a different mixed crowd. Read the reviews on Squirt.org.

On my travels I have enjoyed the West Side Club in New York, and Steamworks in Berkeley was always enjoyable.

PS: In regards to offending the other members of FT - perhaps we should have the first post of the GLBT forums - enter at your own risk disclaimers or the special interest area be password protected.

Adam
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Bathouses in New York?. Don't bother.
Hop on a plane to YUL - it's the closest thing worth your time.

It've always thought that it would be such a great biz oppetuntiny to open a real one up. Alas.. w / laws & real estate, may not be posiblle
I live in New York, and I agree. I find it incredibly boring. I wish I had all the money I spend going to other major cities to have a good time. I can remember when New York was great, but the scene or lack of now is terrible.

I guess airfare is cheaper than therapy.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by aginsf

I know that saunas around the world have cafes, bars etc. For me the idea of having a meal wearing just a towel kinda takes the focus off the food. It gives the phrase 'please pass the butter' a whole new meaning though!
Old Mar 2, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
I know that saunas around the world have cafes, bars etc. For me the idea of having a meal wearing just a towel kinda takes the focus off the food. It gives the phrase 'please pass the butter' a whole new meaning though!
In some parts of the world, consumption of alcohol is not allowed on the premises of the Sauna, while in other parts you can order a beer at the counter.

In Hong Kong, there's a sauna where the owner/manager would make soup for the best customers everyday.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
Folks, this is your friendly neighborhood n00b moderator speaking.

Please realize that we're part of a larger community, not an island unto ourselves and this is right on the line of what's acceptable.

Where is a good gay sauna? = OK

Where can I get laid? = not OK (in the same way that anyone asking "Where are the best whorehouses?" would have the post deleted.)

Kindly don't cross the line.
Not criticizing moderation. If this website were based in the Netherlands or Germany, a question about the best whorehouse would be perfectly acceptable. That's a cultural issue.

Originally Posted by aginsf

My fave is the "Amsterdam" in Frankfurt, Germany. It's NOT full of twinks like the others. People are pleasant. And you can not only drink, but can get "house cooked" meals (oh, that's sooo California!).

Originally Posted by daniellam
In some parts of the world, consumption of alcohol is not allowed on the premises of the Sauna, while in other parts you can order a beer at the counter.

In Hong Kong, there's a sauna where the owner/manager would make soup for the best customers everyday.
Again, it's all cultural!!! Vive la difference!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:29 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Sure, it's all cultural, but as I originally said, we are not an island to ourselves - Flyertalk comprises many nations and viewpoints and we need to keep within the guidelines set up when the forum was established which are that things should not become explicit. Them's the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.