Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
There goes the neighborhood

itsaboutthejourney, now that Chris has found the GLBT forum, you can point him in the direction of OMNI/PR as well!
Originally Posted by Cann75inNJ
What is OMNI/PR?
Baby: follow me to this link, there are tons of pro-Palin/mis-informed (anti-gay, don't believe in global warming, etc.) people on the internets that we must educate!

p.s. - welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: DL PM & CRC; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Trey / 27 / SDF / Louisville, KY

Hi all,

This is my first post of the forums so I thought I would make it here.

My name is Trey and I am a Kentucky native . . . where the tobacco grows and the bourbon flows! I currently live in Louisville (home of the Kentucky Derby) with my partner of 5 1/2 years. We both love to travel and actually lived in The Netherlands (Den Haag) for two years. It was an incredible experience and we're always on the lookout for the next "adventure".

I'm definitely a newbie to this and still working through all of the forums, so any advice would be much appreciated. I also enjoy making new friends -- the on-line as well as real-life variety -- so don't be afraid to say hello!

Looking forward to the discussions on here!

Cheers!
Trey
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:58 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Trey311 - Welcome!!!!! I'm just "up the road" from you in Cincinnati and we have a few members from Louisville here too.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Trey311
Hi all,

This is my first post of the forums so I thought I would make it here.

My name is Trey and I am a Kentucky native . . . where the tobacco grows and the bourbon flows! I currently live in Louisville (home of the Kentucky Derby) with my partner of 5 1/2 years. We both love to travel and actually lived in The Netherlands (Den Haag) for two years. It was an incredible experience and we're always on the lookout for the next "adventure".

I'm definitely a newbie to this and still working through all of the forums, so any advice would be much appreciated. I also enjoy making new friends -- the on-line as well as real-life variety -- so don't be afraid to say hello!

Looking forward to the discussions on here!

Cheers!
Trey
Welcome, Trey.

A native of Illinois, but a Kentucky "transplant" myself.

SDF_Traveler
Old Dec 9, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Trey311 - Welcome!!!!! I'm just "up the road" from you in Cincinnati and we have a few members from Louisville here too.
You mean I'm not the only gay in the village?
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
I've finally gotten round to posting the Orlando incident I hinted at in my hello post; have a read here

Last edited by Joeykins; Dec 16, 2008 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 16, 2008, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by Joeykins
I've finally gotten round to posting the Orlando incident I hinted at in my hello post; have a read here
..which is hilarious!

Had one BA cabin crew offload some surplus champagne bottles onto us on an inbound one occasion, he was clearly eyeing up one of us!

Oh, and can I have a bonus prize?
Old Dec 16, 2008, 5:22 pm

I did say that the bonus prizes were for finding the photo of me on my work website based on some very vague clues, but I should probably reward you in some way for being so nice about my little story
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:42 am

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by Joeykins
I did say that the bonus prizes were for finding the photo of me on my work website based on some very vague clues, but I should probably reward you in some way for being so nice about my little story
Two bonus prizes then eh! Picture next to a guy called Jonathan?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:51 am

OK I'm impressed!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Premier Exec. .
Paul / 35 / LHR / London, UK

So, I have just found out about this forum yesterday through the BA Exec Club Forum.... how fun.... now I will have ANOTHER reason to spend more time on 'tinternet at work...

Okay, a little more about me....

My name is Paul and I'm a 35 year old professional working in the Pharmaceutical Industry. I work as a Manager for a Japanese Pharma Company. I'm Irish and moved to London to take up this job 9 years ago and am loving every second of living here.

Personally and Socially, I am very outgoing and love to have fun and enjoy life. Am not afraid of good conversation, healthy discussions and the odd full on row... :-) Of course, being Irish, I do quite enjoy going out and having the odd social beverage (peer pressure, you understand)...

In my spare time, I suport The Kings Cross Steelers (the world's first gay rugby club). I used to be the Supporters Secretary for the club but have had to give that up due to work travel committments etc..... was always crap at playing sports but have always loved rugby... of course the drinking combined with the hunky men helps! So, if you ever feel like coming to watch a game or get involved, please do drop me a messgae or say hello.

I'm also a big Formula 1 fan...

My other interests are varied and, sometimes, bizarre (no, not like that!!!).

I love the theatre and cinema... used to do a lot of amateur acting and musicals back in Dublin and the bug hasn't left me, although I don't have as much free time as I used to, so I now just satisfy my need by sitting in the audience instead of treading the boards.

Although many of my friends would laugh at me for saying this, I do quite enjoy going for walks but it has to be just a walk for the sake of walking....if I have to walk to get somehere specific, as opposed to just a ramble, then beware, as I take no prisoners on the footpath..... I often find walking in the country is best for the sedentary type of walking I prefer!!! I detest beach holidays!!!!! Why one would want to sit motionless in the sun on a beach for hours/days at a time is beyond me. You can do that on a sunbed.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:37 am

Welcome along bolgerp.

It's good to have you here, although we may have to discuss your detestation of playa life.

For those of us who haven't cooked up a cunning wheeze to surround ourselves by beefy blokes at a rugby club, those sandy pleasures are just about the only chance we get to ogle. You don't get that on a Lie And Fry.

Looking forward to seeing you back on the BA Board, anyway.

It's SO much gayer than this one .
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Premier Exec. .
Originally Posted by continentalclub
Welcome along bolgerp.

It's good to have you here, although we may have to discuss your detestation of playa life.

For those of us who haven't cooked up a cunning wheeze to surround ourselves by beefy blokes at a rugby club, those sandy pleasures are just about the only chance we get to ogle. You don't get that on a Lie And Fry.

Looking forward to seeing you back on the BA Board, anyway.

It's SO much gayer than this one .

I'm gonna have to contribute much more to the BA boards then :-)

Lie and Fry, eh? Never heard it called that before.... will have to use that in future....
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by bolgerp
Lie and Fry, eh? Never heard it called that before.... will have to use that in future....
All of my best lines are stolen.

Sometimes from me, but more usually by me .
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
OK boys - now that you've introduced yourselves down here, you can't just scurry back up to BA again for extra added gayness - you have to participate! More seriously Paul - thanks for coming "downstairs" and saying hi - there's a strong London based contingent here too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.